• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoochoo

Established Member
Shirt and trousers, with shoes (not trainers) is normally fine for learning days. Avoid jeans, cargo pants, t-shirts, hoodies and you won't go wrong

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Loco94

Anyone for London KX heard back?
I’ve not heard anything since passing the phone interview...

Did you not get the not forgotten you email? I got one in august but heard nothing since, be nice to know whether we should just forget it or whether there’s still opportunities wouldn’t it.

95Stock

Did you not get the not forgotten you email? I got one in august but heard nothing since, be nice to know whether we should just forget it or whether there’s still opportunities wouldn’t it.

I did! 12th August... seems so far away now I forgot about that.
I guess all we can do is wait.
Though the guys who have moved on all seem to be out of London; all I can hope for is that all the London candidates are being put through last.
But still being put through nonetheless.

heedfan

I seem to recall that LNER recruited for qualified drivers in KX only not so long ago? So it's entirely possible that the need for new drivers is much greater elsewhere.

Hope you get an update soon.

Loco94

I did! 12th August... seems so far away now I forgot about that.
I guess all we can do is wait.
Though the guys who have moved on all seem to be out of London; all I can hope for is that all the London candidates are being put through last.
But still being put through nonetheless.

I put down for Leeds & Doncaster, so who knows, maybe we are all a back up incase they lose too many to psychometrics or something

train-safe

For those starting on the 2nd November I spoke to a trainer today and had it confirmed that jeans/jumper/black trainers are more than fine to wear and was encouraged to do so. Just a heads up for you all

Sulj8374

For those starting on the 2nd November I spoke to a trainer today and had it confirmed that jeans/jumper/black trainers are more than fine to wear and was encouraged to do so. Just a heads up for you all
Thanks for the heads up bud, not long now, only 8 shifts left at work for me....not that I'm counting.

Coopes1710

Has anyone got a contact number for the recruitment team please?.
I am not getting any response to my emails.
I have a commercial premise with a lease that’s due for renewal and i am putting it off as long as I can but I haven’t heard anything in just over 4 weeks when they were originally hoping to get back in touch the following week after the teams interview.
I don’t want to drop my self in it by not signing a new lease and they probably have a good idea now if I will go onto do the psychometric tests or not.

Thank you

ST

Sorry to hear. All I would suggest is that you don't jeapordise anything you have at the moment at the expense of nothing confirmed. If you have passed your interview, you would then have to go to Psychometrics and there would then be the medical, further to which the offer would come out all being well. In my own experience, I have experienced delays and non-responses to emails. Not sure it helps, but hopefully some assurance that others have been there too.

Jminch

Evening all, only just discovered this forum. Leaving the military and got my psychometric day next week in York. Is anyone else attending? Also has anyone already attended that can provide an insight into how the day goes? Been going through through the practice booklet however any further info would be helpful. Thank you in advance :)

heedfan

Evening all, only just discovered this forum. Leaving the military and got my psychometric day next week in York. Is anyone else attending? Also has anyone already attended that can provide an insight into how the day goes? Been going through through the practice booklet however any further info would be helpful. Thank you in advance :)

It's a fairly standard psychometric day. Paper tests are first, then computer tests if you pass those. MMI is in the afternoon if you pass everything in the morning.

It was fairly relaxed when I did mine with LNER and the assessor was pleasant and made everyone feel comfortable.

Plenty of information elsewhere on this forum if you need more info on the tests themselves. Best of luck.

Jminch

It's a fairly standard psychometric day. Paper tests are first, then computer tests if you pass those. MMI is in the afternoon if you pass everything in the morning.

It was fairly relaxed when I did mine with LNER and the assessor was pleasant and made everyone feel comfortable.

Plenty of information elsewhere on this forum if you need more info on the tests themselves. Best of luck.
Thank you very much for the info. Another interview

ST

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow. Hope there isn't too much of an impact with the Lockdown announcement.

Jminch

I haven't got many pairs of pants or shirts ( wear a uniform in current employment ), was hoping to get away with smart jeans and a smart top but i don't know if that would cut it. I will wear smart pants and top on the first day to get a feel of what they expect.
Yes good luck to all. Is it correct that the psychometrics day is a more relaxed dress code?

train-safe

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow. Hope there isn't too much of an impact with the Lockdown announcement.

Have a feeling it will be affected somehow, whether it be zoom lessons at home or just training paused for a month

Benje06

Thank you. Will see what tomorrow brings, looking forward to meeting all others who are starting tomorrow.

heedfan

For those starting today, hope it all goes well and you have a great day. I am counting down the days until January.

Have those starting today had to do a covid test prior to starting training? I am curious as to how LNER are approaching training bubbles.

patwreynolds

How was the first day of training yesterday for the November intake? Was much said about the format moving forward through lockdown?
Also, are there any London based drivers on the course and if so, are they staying in a York hotel or commuting? Thanks in advance

Sulj8374

How was the first day of training yesterday for the November intake? Was much said about the format moving forward through lockdown?
Also, are there any London based drivers on the course and if so, are they staying in a York hotel or commuting? Thanks in advance
The first day was enjoyable and good to put faces to some of the names on the forum. Moving forward through the course we are to anticipate done working from home days but not too many as the course is more suited to classroom based learning.
There are 4 on the course from kings cross and they have been put up in hotels.
Hope this helps.

I am on the course in January. Are you?
Not confirmed but have already passed the psychometrics with another TOC at National and enhanced standards. Just waiting to hear from HR if they are acceptable. Hoping I can get on the January course if so.

ST

Not confirmed but have already passed the psychometrics with another TOC at National and enhanced standards. Just waiting to hear from HR if they are acceptable. Hoping I can get on the January course if so.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.