• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FlashBashly

Further:-

Good Evening

Thank you for applying for the position of Apprentice Driver based in Newcastle. We've had a huge response to the advert and will be reviewing applications over the coming weeks to please bare with us during this time. Please be aware that due to the volume of applications received we may update people at different times as we work through the applications.

Many thanks

LNER People Resourcing

CreamNCookies

Just got another email saying

"
Good Evening

Thank you for applying for the position of Apprentice Driver based in Newcastle. We've had a huge response to the advert and will be reviewing applications over the coming weeks to please bare with us during this time. Please be aware that due to the volume of applications received we may update people at different times as we work through the applications.

Many thanks

LNER People Resourcing"

Sklee

Got an email today from becky at lner asking for some details, bank acc, passport etc. Says the contracts are being done and confirmed my place on jan 18th course.

Does everyone around the country attend the course at york or are there other training centres?
I got that email last week (and replied the same day) and still no contract yet. I think York is the main training centre, there are around 10 or training course.

Coopes1710

I feel the recruitment teams communication has been pretty poor if I am honest.
On the emails it says “if you have any questions just ask”.
I was told at the end of my interview to just get in touch if I had any questions.
I was told I would hear back the following week regarding the outcome of my teams interview but no one replies to emails, I haven’t heard a thing since my teams interview and I have even left a voice mail on one of the recruitment team members phone with no reply.
I would expect them to ignore people at the early stages due to the volume of applicants but it’s frustrating that after the DMI interview someone cannot send a quick email or give you a quick call to keep you in the loop after all this time.
Would I have had an email if I didn’t pass the DMI or have I not had one because I have passed it and they are too busy to let me know.
In my head I just think they must know how I did by now so why the delay.

LCC106

Established Member
Yes mate, got the same email, still havent handed my notice in. Need that contract!!! Not sure what can take so long. Did you hand yours in last week?
Legally the employer has to issue you with your contract no later than 8 weeks AFTER your start date. If you have received a job offer without the written statement of terms and conditions yet then just make sure you don’t leave it too late to hand your notice in. Depends how much the person putting it together has on their plate, then whether a manager has to check it for accuracy (and how much they have on THEIR to do list), then any amendments that may need doing, also considering if they are short staffed due to Covid etc.

cjt1991

I’ve got the same email. I’m presuming it’s a NO as my application is showing as in the past...
Are you sure that is the application? I got the same email and my Application is showing as 'In Progress - 0' and Submitted - 1'

My Interviews is showing as 1 in the past, not the application??

Davyhoogy

Ben Jammin & Heedfan
I've applied for Newcastle. For those who will be on my course, hi, I'm David! Haha

Yeah I put my notice in on Friday. Either way I needed a change of scenery so it was going in!! Just shows what kind of firm I work for, no one has even acknowledged the fact I've put my notice in and my workload/commission has dropped significantly since then. Meh.

Ben Jammin

Legally the employer has to issue you with your contract no later than 8 weeks AFTER your start date. If you have received a job offer without the written statement of terms and conditions yet then just make sure you don’t leave it too late to hand your notice in. Depends how much the person putting it together has on their plate, then whether a manager has to check it for accuracy (and how much they have on THEIR to do list), then any amendments that may need doing, also considering if they are short staffed due to Covid etc.
Hi, thanks for these details. I guess I am thinking of the contract as the job offer and these being one and the same. We've had neither of these, other than an email asking if the 18th Jan is a suitable start date. Which I don't consider a job offer firm enough to hand in my notice.
Hopefully we will get one or the other before too long.
Ben Jammin & Heedfan
I've applied for Newcastle. For those who will be on my course, hi, I'm David! Haha

Yeah I put my notice in on Friday. Either way I needed a change of scenery so it was going in!! Just shows what kind of firm I work for, no one has even acknowledged the fact I've put my notice in and my workload/commission has dropped significantly since then. Meh.
Nice one. It will go soon enough mate and you'll be on that course before you know it. See you in Jan all being well.

patwreynolds

Ben Jammin & Heedfan

I'm on the course in Jan too mate - not long now!

ST

Fingers crossed for everyone, hope things work out. I understand there is also another course in March so if the deadlines aren't quite there, the wait hopefully won't be too long. I am on the course in January so see some of you then.

CreamNCookies

Not sure if this is of any help. But i've managed to get through to the recruitment team through their facebook page, LNER careers.

CreamNCookies

I had some technical difficulties during my video interview and reached out via email and Facebook to help.

I'm currently waiting for a response to my video interview, albeit not the same stage as you. If its urgent to get through to someone try every avenue you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.