• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Location of wifi repeaters in Pendolinos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tornado

I often take long WCML trips, and tended to sit in coach U. The wifi signal on both my phone and laptop would vary to the point of becoming unusable, especially around Oxenholme. Recently I've been sitting in coaches A and B, and to my surprise, wifi is now usable pretty much for most of the route. Even if the speed can slow, its a lot more stable. So presumably the wifi signal is more stable in some coaches than others?

(obviously stability is also affected by what 4G masts the train can connect to externally, but that shouldn't depend on where you sit).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Is it the actual wifi signal, or just the wifi itself losing 4G, as that's all it is, a mobile phone in a box effectively?

You should be able to see that from the signal on your device.

I reckon the coaches between the pantographs under the 25kV bus line may have a bit of interference, so the end ones better?

Status
Not open for further replies.