• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lockerbie to Edinburgh Christmas 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altfish

I'm trying to get from Lockerbie for a day trip to Edinburgh on Friday 27th December 2019.
It looks like it is bus from Motherwell.

What is happening? I even tried to go via Glasgow with a walk to Queen Street - I was sent back via Central.

I assume train to Edinburgh is a no no.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
I believe the line is closed between Carstairs and Haymarket?

Edit*

Maybe not, looks like it's between Edinburgh and Glasgow Central.

Engineering work is taking place at Haymarket, closing most lines through the station.

CrossCountry

From Friday 27 at 22:00 until Monday 30 December at 04:30, trains will not run between Edinburgh and Glasgow Central. Customers should use alternative rail / bus services to help complete journeys.

LNER

From Friday 27 at 22:00 until Monday 30 December at 04:30, trains will not run between Edinburgh and Glasgow Central.

On Wednesday 1 January, trains will not run between Edinburgh and Glasgow Central / Stirling / Inverness / Aberdeen.

ScotRail

ScotRail services will not run through Haymarket. For full details on how these services will be affected, please see here.

TransPennine Express

From Friday 27 at 22:00 until Monday 30 December at 04:30, TransPennine Express services will not run to and from Edinburgh.

Replacement buses will be provided between Carlisle, Lockerbie and Edinburgh. Journey times will be extended by up to 90 minutes.

On Tuesday 31 December, the 20:07 Manchester Airport to Edinburgh service will terminate at Lockerbie.

Virgin Trains

Trains will be diverted via an alternative route in to Edinburgh. Trains will be unable to call at Haymarket. Journey times will be increased by up to 10 minutes.

Additionally on Saturday, the 12:43 London Euston to Edinburgh service will terminate at Preston.

mcmad

The junction at Haymarket where the Carstairs line come off the E&G is being renewed at Christmas.

InOban

Established Member
Might be easier to catch the Dumfries to Edinburgh bus at Moffat.

snookertam

Real Time Trains currently shows nothing between Queen Street and Edinburgh, but I'd wager that a half hourly interval service will be in operation all day.

EDIT: Just saw the full quote above, so maybe not then.
EDIT2: Terminating at Linlithgow.

alangla

Just had a look at RTT myself. Virgin Eastbound shown via the Sub and Westbound normal route. Looks like the north lines are open so, yet again, if Winchburgh - Dalmeny - Haymarket was electrified then something would have been possible. If the sub was electrified then Shotts & Carstairs services could have kept going.

mcmad

All 4 lines are shut, nothing though Haymarket towards Waverley, believe some Aberdeen/Inverness services may terminate at platform 0

Status
Not open for further replies.