• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Loco ban on Skegness line

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
Apparently after a test run by FM Rail, all locos are banned from the Skegness line until further notice

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

NR being there petty selves again.

Shouldn't someone tell NR that insted of banning locos, that they should repair track? :roll:

TheSlash

Established Member
I heard it snapped every set of fish plates it went over. The plates were either in need of replacement or the line needs packing badly

Galvanize

That's silly. I think they mean something like a 66 or 67 broke the fishplates on the lines because 31s are lighter than a Shed are a skip.

I hope they don't use the 9 car meridians between Crewe and Skegness because:
A: It's a waste of resources
B: Declassified FC :) 8)
C: No Chance of Window Hanging
D: Short Platforms at Many of the stations en-route
E: Annoying buzzers/bleepers

When I covered Sleaford-Skegness back in 1999, it was a 153 there and Centro 150 back. Both were packed full and the conductor even opened up the back cab 8)
I don't know why we didn't get the train from Nottingham/Derby Because the house we stayed in was near Clay Cross junction. I seem to remember I persuaded my Mum and Dad to park in Sleaford and get the train :) <D

Nick

The problem is kinda not with traction but apparently with platforming in Nottingham. Though platform is extremly tight (thank god we have mainly DMUs) Central are worried at loosing another whole platform to allow loco+coaches to pass. That being said, the run-round loops could be used far better to avoid this problem. Alas, the pinch point is west of Nottingham Station where four tracks become two. My mind is still not convinced Network Rails answer is valid.

If you do want proper loco haulage from proper trains where you get steam not diesel particles have a Great Central day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.