• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locomotion Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

Do you build the buildings or does it depend on how sucsseful your railway is (as in real life in the old days) and is it just rollercoaster tycoon but with trains

I was going to ask these questions when the first locomotion screenshot thread came out but had problems with my account

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Towns 'expand' depending on your rail service.

If they council for that town give your services 0%, then the town wont expand.

If you get 100%, then you might want to build some other lines just outside the town.... you never know ;)

Daniel

Established Member
That is to say, Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 is on the same game engine - I have read something by Chris Sawyer saying that he was halfway through building Locomotion when he decided to build RC1. Thats why the building process is so similar.

nutter

If you give me the money ;)

All I'm doing is going to mesh, clicking on most of the top hard ware stuff. Got £5.75 saved atm, should be £600 :oops: so it may be a bit later than planned

T

Tom

Memorex, no.

He was originally going to do Locomotion, until was contracted out to do the RCT series. He did *not* code RCT3.

Locomotion is based on the RCT2 engine.

twright

Just bought the game - its great!
Does anyone have any hints on how to complete the first scenario (boulder breakers)?

Daniel

Established Member
Is that the one with the small island?

Start a tramway in the largest town - just a small one at first. It's a good way of getting some extra money. Then you'll want to link the coal and steel mill, iron ore and steel mill, and steel mill and factory. Then move on to linking the towns with passenger and mail connections.

twright

yes it is! I haven't tried it with trams so i'll try that! Would you put the steel mill - factory branch on a completely seperate track to the line that delivers the coal and iron ore, or would you make it one continuous track? I've tried lots of things but I get my percentage up to about 7.6% then it starts going down again!

Also what do you do with the goods that the factory has produced?

I completed the weatherworld one though! That's easy!

Daniel

Established Member
Do it like this::

<><><> <== Steel Mill
=====================> Station and line to Iron Ore
<==================== Station and line to Factory
=====================> Station and line to Coal

What to do with Goods

Start serving a town with a railway station, (passenger and mail services).
After a while, if your service is OK that station will accept goods.
Some cities already accept your goods.

Just remember - DONT build a line to the factory from the steel mill until both Coal and Iron Ore are being delivered.
Also, you dont HAVE to deliver goods - the same as you dont HAVE to deliver steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.