• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LONDON 2012 = What Does This Mean For The Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeholmes

I am very happy that we have won, now there are rumors about loads new lines to be installed, anyone got any INFO on this

????

Joe

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Won't effect much of use outside of London.

DLR will convert East of Stratford on the NLL. And general improvements here and there.

T

Tom

A double tracking may take place near Weymouth, where there is the single line branch on the SWML.

Met Driver

Established Member
I have a map of all the new transport links planned, but I'm afraid I cannot find it at this moment in time. I can think of two schemes off the top of my head, those being Greenwich Waterfront Transit and Cross-River Transit.

Julian G

Established Member
Crossrail 1
East London Line Extension
Javelin Service
CTRL

Julian G

Established Member
Chaz said:
Javelin Service? Please explain. :)
the javelin service will be like a Pendolino-style train that will get you from London St.Pancras to Stratford in just 7 minutes
this service is to relieve the pressure the Central Line already has

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
the only difference I can see are a severely packed underground and lots and lots of delays! might even be driving in 2012 as well dammit! Why couldn't have paris got it.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
1288gaje said:
Crossrail 1
East London Line Extension
Javelin Service
CTRL

All going ahead without the Olympics, and the "Javelin Service" is officially the CTRL-D service, although the units will obviously now be named 'Javelin', heaven knows what class they will be, Class 395 'Javelin' perhaps.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
class 378 exist yet? maybe 374? Eurostars being 373.. or is there already a 374, im guessing it there was its close to the 375.. shows I know little about 3rd rail stock!

bunnahabhain

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
3rd rail is usually classed in the 400 series...

1xx - DMMU/DHMU
2xx - DEMU
3xx - AC EMU
4xx - DC EMU
5xx - DC EMU
9xx - Departmental Unit

It'll come under 3xx as it will be AC, and will be dual voltage too, what do you think the CTRL is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.