• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Bridge Signalling Problems 9/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjkerbin

Some pretty nasty disruption, mainly affecting the Charing X lines through London Bridge this evening, including one train that was stuck between London Bridge and Bricklayers Arms for around 50 minutes which eventually returned to London Bridge. Now a Charing X - Sevenoaks service has come to a stop in platform 4, with southbound Thameslink services backing up all the way to St Pancras!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

George109

Anyone know what happened to 2S56 (now changed to 5S56)? It is at a stand at P4 blocking the core! Was a bit of a stampede at London Bridge when they altered all of thameslink to P3. I was on this train but bailed and got the 1758 instead.

High Dyke

Established Member
Some pretty nasty disruption, mainly affecting the Charing X lines through London Bridge this evening, including one train that was stuck between London Bridge and Bricklayers Arms for around 50 minutes which eventually returned to London Bridge. Now a Charing X - Sevenoaks service has come to a stop in platform 4, with southbound Thameslink services backing up all the way to St Pancras!
Reported to be a points failure.
Anyone know what happened to 2S56 (now changed to 5S56)? It is at a stand at P4 blocking the core! Was a bit of a stampede at London Bridge when they altered all of thameslink to P3. I was on this train but bailed and got the 1758 instead.
Seemingly a driver issue. Train routed via P4, but instructed not to stop. However, they stopped and released the doors. No dispatch staff available.

Last edited:

ScotGG

Established Member
How busy is London Bridge in the peaks these days?

jnjkerbin

How busy is London Bridge in the peaks these days?
Not as busy as it used to be, but midweek most trains are standing room only on departure (at least at the London end). When I arrived this evening, the police were blocking off the escalators up to platform 6 and 7 due to overcrowding, but that's the first time I've seen that happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.