• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Buses Destination Blind Colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Hello there,

I'm rather new to the bus scene and quite an amateur so please forgive my lack of knowledge

Here's my anorak question of the month:

I'm aware that a few years back that TfL changed the destination blind fonts and colours from a foloresent yellow on black, to a white font on a black background. (The change from foloresent yellow to white was to do with the improvement in LED lighting making visibility improved as far as I understood)

However, I've noticed over the last few months that MMC Enviro200s have again reverted back to floresent yellow font destination blinds?

Is there any reason for this change back to yellow?

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ls2270

Established Member
White on black is still the standard. Any new installations of the dayglo on black ones are old blinds being refitted into different vehicles rather than newly produced blinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.