• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London euston cancellation

lilygrace28

Hi,

Just an question my original train was cancelled from llandudno junction to Euston for tomorrow at 11:27 but it says on the email that I can still use my original ticket before or after the train that I did book before and NO need to book a new ticket so can I get the 9:38 and just show them the tickets that got cancelled by them

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-30-07-42-18-410.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-30-07-42-18-410.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_2024-05-06-17-32-08-749.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-06-17-32-08-749.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 57
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tram21

Yes when a train is cancelled you can always use the train before & after the one you are booked on, or you are eligible for a full refund

lilygrace28

Yes when a train is cancelled you can always use the train before & after the one you are booked on, or you are eligible for a full refund
thanks so its fine to get the 9:38 train with the same ticket thankyou im defo not booking a new one x

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
thanks so its fine to get the 9:38 train with the same ticket thankyou im defo not booking a new one x
Yes, that's correct.

Bear in mind that if you take a later train and therefore arrived at your final destination 15+ mins late, you'd be entitled to claim some compensation via the Delay Repay scheme that the train company offers. Of course, arriving late might not suit your plans so it's understandable if you decide to take the train before.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
@lilygrace28. Not sure how busy the alternative train will be, but bear in mind that your seat reservation for the cancelled 11:27 almost certainly won't be carried over.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
@lilygrace28. Not sure how busy the alternative train will be, but bear in mind that your seat reservation for the cancelled 11:27 almost certainly won't be carried over.
I think we can say with confidence that it definitely won't be carried over! ;)

The OP can easily obtain a new seat reservation for the 09:38 online through the My Account section of the GWR website. They would need to create an account, select "View bookings" and then "Make a seat/bike reservation". They'd then enter the journey details and select the 09:38 (it doesn't matter which ticket type is selected).