• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London International CIV Rail Sail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdbrain

Hello,

Quick question about validity. I gather that tickets to London International CIV are valid to Liverpool Street via the tube for connection with a Dutch flyer ticket. However, when I return from Europe I will be returning to Heathrow. Could I use the return portion of a London CIV return to travel on the tube from Heathrow into London and then onward home?

This is the ticket I am thinking of http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=PMH&dest=LNE&grpo=0440&rlc=YNG&ldn=1&tkt=EVR

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Birdbrain

Ok, might still be cheaper to use this ticket and buy an extra tube ticket on the way back. Thanks

CyrusWuff

Established Member
It should also be noted that tickets to/from London International are only valid in conjunction with a through Rail-Sea-Rail or Eurostar-European Rail booking, and a ticket inspector may well ask for proof of same...

Veteran Member
Sorry, forgot that minor :) detail! A booking office might also want to see the Dutchflyer ticket before issuing, or at least a booking reference.

Last edited:

Birdbrain

Ok, well as I only have a Dutch flyer booking for the outward journey, I may just use a cheap Portsmouth to London Travelcard routed southern only and leave with more time to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.