• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London International (CIV) tickets in connection with DutchFlyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pne

http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=MAN&dest=LNE&grpo=0438&ldn=1&tkt=EVS say, in part:

EVS ticket restrictions said:
Tickets to London International (London Intl CIV) must be offered to customers holding a ticket from London to a Continental destination via Rail/Sea or from London St. Pancras International for Eurostar.

Certain TOCs also provide fares from London International, in which case these must be offered to customers presenting a rail ticket to London from a Continental origin.

The Continental travel ticket MUST be presented at the time of purchase. Some TOCs allow presentation of proof of purchase in lieu of the actual Eurostar ticket, e.g. booking confirmation on Eurostar / Travel Agent headed notepaper or by email, showing reference numbers travelling, date and time of Eurostar - see local instructions.

That says ‘Eurostar’ several times, but it does also mention ‘ticket from London to a Continental destination via Rail/Sea’.

Does this include the DutchFlyer ticket from Any AGA Station to Any NS station via the Harwich–Hoek van Holland ferry?

If so, where would a ticket to LNE (London International CIV) be valid to in this case?

One to connect with Eurostar is, I presume, valid for travel up to St Pancras; would one for DutchFlyer be valid up to London Liverpool Street then? Optionally also Stratford, aka ‘Stratford London’?

Where is ‘London International CIV’?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
The ticket is valid according to the forum's Fares and Ticketing guide (under Integrated Tickets).
London International CIV covers travel into London plus the Underground transfer (I recall getting separate tickets for the tube to STP once, for a train into KGX!).
I'd guess they work the barriers like any other Maltese Cross ticket so you can use any of the accepted cross London routes, which includes Stratford as well as LST.

Interesting question (from ECML stations) is whether you could alight at Peterborough and use Dutchflyer from there - I can see no reason why not.

Last edited:

The ticket is valid according to the forum's Fares and Ticketing guide (under Integrated Tickets).
London International CIV covers travel into London plus the Underground transfer (I recall getting separate tickets for the tube to STP once, for a train into KGX!).
I'd guess they work the barriers like any other Maltese Cross ticket so you can use any of the accepted cross London routes, which includes Stratford as well as LST.

Interesting question (from ECML stations) is whether you could alight at Peterborough and use Dutchflyer from there - I can see no reason why not.

I have used the Dutch Flyer ticket from PBO many times. The wording of 'any AGA station' is a bit misleading as to me that implies a station operated by AGA which PBO is not. Its meant to imply valid from / to any station served by AGA.

eastwestdivide

Established Member
I have used the Dutch Flyer ticket from PBO many times. The wording of 'any AGA station' is a bit misleading as to me that implies a station operated by AGA which PBO is not. Its meant to imply valid from / to any station served by AGA.

They (AGAnglia) told me it was only their own trains you could catch from Peterborough, not XC.

Veteran Member

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I know that Dutchflyer is valid. I was wondering about using (say) an LNE - Newcastle single ticket but travelling via Ipswich and joining EC at PBO.

As the ES ticket is priced at around half the off-peak return, it's cheaper than the off-peak single for PBO-NCL (though not the Advance of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.