• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Marathon free travel for race officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
According to NR I can get free travel on TFL services. But does that including the Elizabeth line from Reading into Paddington as that's not technically in a London zone?

On the race day, marathon runners, race officials, accredited members of the press and St John Ambulance volunteers can travel on the below TfL services for free, from 04:30 until 18:30:

• London Buses
  • London Underground
  • London Trams
  • London Overground
  • Elizabeth line

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
According to NR I can get free travel on TFL services. But does that including the Elizabeth line from Reading into Paddington as that's not technically in a London zone?
It doesn't say anything about London Zones. Just lists the operators on which free travel is allowed

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The page makes no reference to free travel within London zones. I'd imagine that a relevant brief has gone out to all TOCs in view of the number of them that TfL services interact with.

Dstock7080

Established Member
The briefing to TfL Staff says:
Bus, Tube, Tram, DLR, London Overground and Elizabeth line services from 04:30 until 18:30
Free travel will NOT be permitted on the IFS ICloud cable car

Haywain

Veteran Member
I see nothing to suggest that this doesn't include the Elizabeth line right out to Reading.

On the other hand, I wouldn't see the free travel being extended to National Rail routes where inter-availability would normally apply.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I see nothing to suggest that this doesn't include the Elizabeth line right out to Reading.

On the other hand, I wouldn't see the free travel being extended to National Rail routes where inter-availability would normally apply.
What about things like Clapham Junction to Shepberds Bush or even to Harrow and Wealdstone?

Haywain

Veteran Member
What about things like Clapham Junction to Shepberds Bush or even to Harrow and Wealdstone?
The free travel is on London Overground. There is no mention of Southern or London Northwestern services.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Are they not lines with shared fares or am I misunderstanding something here?
You are clearly misunderstanding something - no fares are involved, it's an offer of free travel by specified operators to a specified group of people. Anybody buying a ticket is unaffected by the free travel offer.

infobleep

Veteran Member
You are clearly misunderstanding something - no fares are involved, it's an offer of free travel by specified operators to a specified group of people. Anybody buying a ticket is unaffected by the free travel offer.
Because there was talk of interavilablity I was mistakenly applying it to that line because the Southern fares follow the Overground fares.

I was totally wrong and confused.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I was wondering if the 18:30 cutoff is entry or exit? Say i enter the tube at 18:25 and exit at 18:40. Will I be liable for a penalty fare?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I was wondering if the 18:30 cutoff is entry or exit? Say i enter the tube at 18:25 and exit at 18:40. Will I be liable for a penalty fare?
I would say exit. Is this really likely to be a problem? Will you be in a safety critical role that is likely to last into the evening?

Status
Not open for further replies.