• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland assessment day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cobbler

Ive still not heard anything yet.

nothing ever happens quickly with this process , allthough i do remember when i got my assesment results last time the interview came round pretty quick and the response from the was at least a couple of weeks

i dont know what the start dates their looking at , that would be good to know

im just waiting on an interview but i think my area will be a while yet

im just abit bemused by the 22 vacancies , i thought because they wanted people across 5 or 6 depots it would be more

mksting

I had my assessment at 10:00 on Monday. I got the call this afternoon for an interview on Tuesday.
I've read a lot on here about it being a structured interview, but most of the answers I've seen are for driver roles. Are they similar questions for the conductor positions?

I put down Bletchley, Northampton and Watford although would probably only take the Bletchley one if offered.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

SJN

I had my test day on Monday at 8:45. I heard on Thursday afternoon by phone that I had got through to interview stage. It's on Tuesday. I hope it goes ok. Good luck everyone.

From what we have gathered so far, assessments on Monday were contacted Wednesday/Thursday for interviews on Monday/Tuesday.

Can we assume assessments on Tuesday will be contacted Monday, for what...interviews Wednesday/Thursday...?

MKN86

If that's the case then given the fact they said people who went Tuesday would be contacted Thurs or Friday and haven't been, that there could be more people successful at the assessment than they first thought.

If that's the case then given the fact they said people who went Tuesday would be contacted Thurs or Friday and haven't been, that there could be more people successful at the assessment than they first thought.

Which could mean a lot of people who passed the tests might not be given an interview. No way of knowing what the standard of pass-rate were among the applicants.

MKN86

Surely they don't decide that because if you fail assessments twice with any toc I thought you aren't able to ever do them again. So wouldn't be fair to take them with one and fail because they expect a higher score than a different company.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I suppose its possible they could say you have passed the assessment but have decided not to invite you to an interview?

Komma

Just had my interview and it went really well. There were 2 people interviewing me from a preset, set of questions (occasionally going of topic ).It was a nice and relaxed interview, with the questions being mainly around customer service and how you would deal with different circumstances.
Good luck to those who are going.

MKN86

Komma was it not like what people said to expect in the thread titled. Structured interview? I know that the posts are about what to expect for a trainee train driver job rather than conductor but thought it would be about the same? From what uve just said sounds like it might be a bit different?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
1) Ability to communicate effectively
2) Ability to follow rules and procedures
3) Calm in an emergency
4) Conscientiously works to exceed course demands
5) Being proactive / tenacious
6) Ability to work alone

That's what people said to expect is that about right in terms of what you were asked?

Komma

Those questions are what I used in preparing for the interview and they do ask questions around those topics. It took about 40 minutes ,with just face to face questions going through your c.v. at first and then asking questions on how you would deal with difficult customers and if you had any examples of this in real life.Then they wanted to know what you would do in dealing with problems if you were working on board.

MKN86

Did you get given 3 questions in which you had to write your answers before going Into the interview first like it says on the prep material they sent out?

Komma

No writing, just straight into questioning along the lines of what I have posted.
Very relaxed interview with no trick questions.

SJN

Hi Komma

Glad to hear it went well for you today. I have my interview tomorrow morning. Did they mention when you would hear from them at all? I'm just wondering if they have a start date in mind at all.

Komma

They said 7 to 10 days for an answer and training will start in January.

MKN86

Same here. Might look at phoning by end of the week if heard nothing.

Ahh, so you'll get invite to medical really soon then.

Edit: So, now after 5. Not phonecall today.

Last edited:

monty9120

has anyone had an application to say they didnt get through.

i dont mind not getting to the interview. just wondering if they received my application at all

MKN86

So still looking like no one on this forum who attended assessments Tuesday have heard anything

mksting

Hi Komma

Glad to hear it went well for you today. I have my interview tomorrow morning. Did they mention when you would hear from them at all? I'm just wondering if they have a start date in mind at all.

Yeah, glad it went well Komma.

SJN, good luck, what time's your interview tomorrow? Mines at 10:30.

flimes

So still looking like no one on this forum who attended assessments Tuesday have heard anything

Looks like like people like that attended assessment on Wednesday are going to have a bit of a wait if they still haven't contacted Tuesdays candidates :cry:

I hope they get in touch soon (even if it's a fail), as all this waiting is me very nervous.

cobbler

im still waiting also but im slightly different due to having a valid assessment pass but starting to think ive missed this time

what ive since figured out , the figure is higher than 22 and i believe this is for npt/bletchley , had a word with a mate whos still on the job in a decent position

new street advised me that the process isnt finished and more people will be invited for assessment

which could mean that those people who get through this time take a % of the vacancies and they hold some for the jobs for the next groups , which is strange but i cant see it being any other way , or there will be no more and the successful people they decide on will fill all the vacancies

it really does seem a hit and miss process

only time will tell i suppose :roll:

i think they should put people out of their misery though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.