• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland complementary day pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

100andthirty

I had a few of these. Planning to use them today and tomorrow. They expire on 10th December. In passing, I saw a Tweet today saying effectively .....last day of LM today (9th December); tickets bought previously still valid. Decided to check and LM Twitter said the passes can't be used tomorrow "as no LM trains running". Seems pretty petty to me. What do others think?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
Seems fair enough to me as it's true that London Midland won't be operating after tonight...

100andthirty

How would ordinary customers given these as compensation know this? Most folk neither know nor care that the franchise is changing.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I think there's been an error here in that they should have been issued to expire on 9th, not 10th (the ones I had expired on the previous franchise end date). If that's an issue for anyone I think it's only fair LM should exchange them for RTVs of some kind.

100andthirty

Bletchleyite.......that seems to be exactly the point the LM Twitter folk are unable to fix. Surely they have some means of escalation?

Status
Not open for further replies.