• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Latest - Bletchley Driver applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

donpoku

Yeah, I saw your message and thought they'd missed me. I then got an email a few days later inviting me to book a date. I logged on and there was only one date and time available - 17th.
Do how did it go?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hickstatic

It's difficult to say as they don't give feedback regarding the MMI on the day. I'm still waiting to hear. They said it would be 5-7 days to hear back from London Midland.

Has anyone else heard? Good luck...

Game146

It's difficult to say as they don't give feedback regarding the MMI on the day. I'm still waiting to hear. They said it would be 5-7 days to hear back from London Midland.

Has anyone else heard? Good luck...

Just heard, passed the MMI and awaiting interview :)

WJS

Any dates for DMI yet? I am wondering what the time lapse will be between MMI and DMI...

ryantrain

Any dates for DMI yet? I am wondering what the time lapse will be between MMI and DMI...

Guess it depends where you are applying for?
I had my dmi on Friday at Bletchley, think they were being run Weds, Thurs and Fri......

12guard4

Don't get your hopes up on LM being organised in terms of courses and training. The norms a 2 year wait

Starman

Just to give you an idea of time frames I applied for trainee driver to be based at Birmingham August 2015. Completed recruitment process July 2016 (including medical). I am still in the pipeline and having spoken to HR back in February of this year was informed that no courses we're anticipated before June 2017. With this in mind 12 months would have elapsed since sitting the DMI therefore I will have to be reinterviewed. Patience is a must I'm afraid.

Hickstatic

fingers crossed my application has been transferred to the new franchise. The London Midland website is now down and so I can’t access the status of my application anymore...at last showing it still said ‘offer’.

WJS

I notice WMT are looking for a new Trainer, citing the following:
"Due to department expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual with train driver experience to join the Training Academy as an Operations Trainer." Sounds like it's finally all happening!

ryantrain

Sorry WJS without wanting to dampen your spirits they have been looking for new trainers for quite a while now and the training department is quite short to say the least so it is not really anything new, I joined as a Bletchley driver this year

WJS

DMI completed and passed. Now waiting for a medical. New course starting at end of Feb, maybe? Don't know whether I'll be on it though. Question - is the training course predominantly a Monday to Friday, based at Bletchley, with weekends off???

ryantrain

Congrats WJS! Training course is pretty much all mon to fri 9-4. Where it is will often depend on which trainer you have. First week is in Birmingham with other intakes usually I believe for an intro. We've then either been in Northampton or Bletchley. Off the top of my head classroom training is approx 12 weeks

WJS

A course starting on the 19th Feb has been confirmed. Just got my conditional offer through. Anyone else on this course? I assume there will be five or six of us?

StaffsPM1

I will be on the Friday of that week as I think I will be marking your Personal Track Safety papers!!

There are usually anything up to 12 of you on induction, this will reduce to around 8 on the Thursday for PTS and onwards to rules the following week.

StaffsPM1

I will be on the Friday of that week as I think I will be marking your Personal Track Safety papers!!

There are usually anything up to 12 of you on induction, this will reduce to around 8 on the Thursday for PTS and onwards to rules the following week.

WJS

We're hitting the ground running then! o_O Are we in B'ham all week?

StaffsPM1

For week 1 yes (except for Friday where you go to Tyseley for the PTS assessment. Then the next two weeks (for new drivers) it is intro to rules which is two weeks predominately in Birmingham with the odd day here and there at signalboxes and depots etc

Status
Not open for further replies.