• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Super-Off Peak - break of journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

Established Member
Based on advice received on here I have taken to using the above ticket (valid on LM and ATW services) for journeys London to Telford to see an ill relative when there are no cheap advance tickets available.

However, I am confused about one thing, namely the possibility of a break of journey. I have sought advice from a number of sources (including online from London Midland, though I have yet to get a response) about whether a break of journey is permitted with this ticket and have received mixed and contrary responses. I would be grateful of anyone has definitive advice (and I am aware that an LM rep does post to the forum).

One further question: tickets do not seem to always be checked on these journeys but when they are the check seems to take the form of:
a a squiggle written with a biro;
b the date/month written with a biro;
c the ticket properly stamped (normally ATW!).

If any of these are done is it likely to cause me any problems with break of journey and resumption at a latter date (assuming such is permitted)?

Thanks again in advance - so far this forum has been very helpful and saved me quite a few quid!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
The ticket has restriction code LK (http://brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=1072&dest=TFC&rlc=%20%20%20&rte=371&ldn=0&tkt=OPR) which is

brfares.com said:
Restriction Code: LK

Break of journey is not
permitted on the outward
portion except to change
trains at an intermediate
station or to access station
facilities.
Normal break of
journey rules apply to the
return portion.

You cannot break your journey on the outbound portion of the ticket, but you can on your return.

Whatever marks are made on the ticket will not affect validity for break of journey. Some guards (although not usually LM) will even put the date of use on return tickets, but that doesn't stop you continuing your journey at a later date. If you're really worried, you can tell the guard where you intend to break your journey and he may or may not put a different mark on the ticket. But you don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.