• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Overground train terminating at Camden Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

miklcct

On Moderation
Recently I have encountered London Overground trains terminating at Camden Road frequently at Hackney Central.

To my knowledge trains normally alternate between Richmond and Clapham Junction, but in these few weeks when I want to get home after the evening peak, a Camden Road train will show up. I presume the train will go back to depot through the tunnel afterwards as it continues straight after Camden Road.

Are there regular Camden Road terminators after peak hours?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

t0ffeeman

Normally the path is blocked on the slow lines from Euston so if it does another circuit it cant get back

JonathanH

Veteran Member
2G13 1853 Stratford (London) to Camden Road terminates there - seems to just be a way of scaling back the service for the evening. It then runs 5M13 1917 Camden Road to Willesden T.M.D

miklcct

On Moderation
2G13 1853 Stratford (London) to Camden Road terminates there - seems to just be a way of scaling back the service for the evening. It then runs 5M13 1917 Camden Road to Willesden T.M.D
So there is a scheduled service. Are there many of these services or was I just unlucky for a few times that the train turned up was a Camden Road train every time I wanted to go home after the evening peak? This month I boarded a westbound train at Hackney Central 7 times and 3 of them were Camden Road trains.

greatkingrat

Established Member
So there is a scheduled service. Are there many of these services or was I just unlucky for a few times that the train turned up was a Camden Road train every time I wanted to go home after the evening peak? This month I boarded a westbound train at Hackney Central 7 times and 3 of them were Camden Road trains.
Considering you have created a website with UK rail timetables on, I would have thought you would be able to find that out for yourself?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Are there many of these services or was I just unlucky for a few times that the train turned up was a Camden Road train every time I wanted to go home after the evening peak? This month I boarded a westbound train at Hackney Central 7 times and 3 of them were Camden Road trains.
Just the one, which happens to be the 1902 from Hackney Central. If you are turning up at 1900 to take advantage of off-peak fares on PAYG, this will be the train you encounter each time.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Considering you have created a website with UK rail timetables on, I would have thought you would be able to find that out for yourself?
Even the TfL published timetable shows it clearly on page 25. 1853 from Stratford Mon-Fri. Amazing :D

miklcct

On Moderation
I don't use a timetable for taking the Overground, or local trains in general, except for checking first / last train times and for journey planning purpose to know how long the journey will take.

London Overground is a line with metro frequency (defined by TfL to be with maximum headway under 10 minutes) where a timetable is not much of a use.

Even the TfL published timetable shows it clearly on page 25. 1853 from Stratford Mon-Fri. Amazing :D
I haven't realised it at all. I generally use a timetable to identify service patterns and it's alternating Clapham Junction and Richmond trains, except the first and the last services of the day which start / end at Willesden Junction.

Just the one, which happens to be the 1902 from Hackney Central. If you are turning up at 1900 to take advantage of off-peak fares on PAYG, this will be the train you encounter each time.
Thanks for your explanation. My normal routine is to take a train from my home to Hackney, entering the gate just before 16:00, and returning just after 19:00 such that I can totally avoid the evening peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.