• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London - Scotland on 22nd Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangor-toad

Hi there,
I'm off home on Thursday (22nd) on a SailRail ticket.

I'll be travelling up from London to Glasgow on the 9:30am or 10:30 departures from Euston. I'm expecting the services to be busy, really busy or madly crammed.

Any advice on which may be the least crowded?
(I don't have reservations and can't get them so it could be a bit busy...)

Cheers,
Mr Toad

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
They probably will be very busy. If you are unreserved though you could try the 0930 and if it's really busy go for the 0943? What time is your sailing? There will be unreserved coaches though (U and F) so if you are first on you will probably be able to sit down.

farci

Hi there,
I'm off home on Thursday (22nd) on a SailRail ticket.

I'll be travelling up from London to Glasgow on the 9:30am or 10:30 departures from Euston. I'm expecting the services to be busy, really busy or madly crammed.

Any advice on which may be the least crowded?
(I don't have reservations and can't get them so it could be a bit busy...)

Cheers,
Mr Toad
You don't mention which Scottish ferry you're heading for but it ain't looking too clever due to the weather. Good luck and check this out!

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I would, if at all possible try for the 08:43 Euston Scotland via WMids train if your wanting a quieter journey. This one whilst undoubtably busier at this time of year is usually quieter than the later ones and therefor worth the extended via Birmingham journeytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.