• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Banbury return

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCub

Help needed here.

I'm planning a circular trip from London to Banbury and back; this will be during a weekend in December. I'd prefer turn-up-and-go tickets for flexibility. In one direction, I plan to travel via Chiltern, and on the other via FGW via Oxford. It makes no difference which way around this is.

I will stop in Banbury overnight.

Searching through, no ticket search engines can cope with this. The fare when I put each leg in as singles is the same (super off peak return with Gold Card: £19.00 single, offering a return for £19.10) The route doesn't make any difference to the fare.

So, am I allowed to do this? Does it fall foul of any of the usual ticketing rules?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
A return ticket from London Terminals to Banbury is valid to go out from Marylebone and back to Paddington, or vice versa - no issues at all there, if that's what you're asking?

I don't think any current booking engines allow you to select different via points for the outward and return journeys...

MrCub

A return ticket from London Terminals to Banbury is valid to go out from Marylebone and back to Paddington, or vice versa - no issues at all there, if that's what you're asking?

I don't think any current booking engines allow you to select different via points for the outward and return journeys...

Yes, that was precisely what I was asking. Good stuff; so I can do a circular trip. That works nicely, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.