• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

Established Member
I may, unexpectedly, have to go to Cardiff this weekend. Travelling outbound Sat 22 Aug 15 arriving no later than 1430, travelling back either late on Sun 23 Aug 15 or early on Mon 24 Aug 15.

The cheapest tickets I can see are £74 Offpeak return if I return on the Sun or at 0955 or later on the Mon. Anyone got any bright saving ideas?

If I had to go on to Swansea how might that change things?

Ta in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
If you were prepared to travel via Salisbury and to/from London Waterloo, with a journey time nearer 5 hours than 2, and with buses on many weekend journeys on that route this weekend, you could opt for a £56.10 "via Warminster and Salisbury" offpeak return.

Wolfie

Established Member
Arrgh, had forgotten teh 24 hour FGW strike scheduled for Sun....

What are the likely implications?

bkhtele

keep an eye on fgw journey planner for current services - they are still discussing the strike so journeys may change. Avoid early/late trains

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.