• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Edinburgh, seating qu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline-C

Hello -- I'm about to buy tickets for the East coast London-Edinburgh service on 3rd November. It's for my honeymoon -- I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me if the seats D53A and D54A are on the right side of the train when heading north (I haven't bought them yet).
I've checked the website and there don't seem to be any scheduled works -- I'd again really appreciate it if anyone knows otherwise.

Thank you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
Coach D seats 53 and 54 :
These are on the west coast side of the train, facing London (ie back to direction of travel)
On Monday 03 November your journey should not be affected by any engineering work

Techniquest

Veteran Member
To be honest, it's going to depend on where the coaching stock has been in the week, whether it's had to turned around and so forth. Your seats could be on the left-hand-side normally, but could easily be on the right-hand-side on the day in question.

EDIT: Also, if you haven't bought them yet you will probably be allocated different seats now or face the prospect of no reservable seats/Advance fares.

rail-britain

Established Member
To be honest, it's going to depend on where the coaching stock has been in the week, whether it's had to turned around and so forth. Your seats could be on the left-hand-side normally, but could easily be on the right-hand-side on the day in question
Providing the train is operating with First Class at the London End, then in most cases the coaches will be correctly formed
A lot of effort has been made to ensure that coaches are turned round the correct way within a set, hence why west and east coast now appear in the seating plans for NXEC

LilLoaf

It depends if its an HST or not, these tend to First class front if there has been a problem. HST departures for North of Newcastle are the, 10.30, 12.00, 14.00, 16.00 so avoid them because even if you do get the seat you want it map be other way around on the day you travel especally after a weekend. These Tyne valley diversions but think in differant formantions, some go around high level so they are First class at the wrong end.

Status
Not open for further replies.