• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Glasgow via Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek40uk

My boss is booked on a direct train from Birmingham International to Glasgow Central on 23/11. I wasn't aware this was possible and checked the downloadable timetables on the Virgin train site and this train doesn't exist. However the online booking engines find a train leaving Euston at 09.43 and arriving at in Glasgow at 15.24 and going via Birmingham. I would appreciate if anyone can provide re-assurance that this train exists, thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I believe that this train (or at least one like it) regularly runs as a combined London-Birmingham, Birmingham-Scotland train, just joining the two bits. So I don't think there are any problems.

Others should be able to confirm.

Lrd

Established Member
According to National Rail Enquiries there is a direct train from Birmingham International - Glasgow Central, leaving at 10:54, arriving at 15:24, and starts at London at 09:43.

Last edited:

Eagle

Established Member
I believe that this train (or at least one like it) regularly runs as a combined London-Birmingham, Birmingham-Scotland train, just joining the two bits. So I don't think there are any problems.

Others should be able to confirm.

Yep, it happens two or three times a day, mainly to swap Voyagers and Pendolinos onto and off the Birmingham–Scotland diagrams.

I don't know why the timetables insist this is a summer-weekday only occurence when it happens all year round, weekends too (for instance, the last train to London from Preston on a Sunday is an EDB–BHM–EUS run; I know because I'm booked on it next week!).

Status
Not open for further replies.