• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjp

Possible travel date Friday 14th return Sunday
With a railcard the super off peak saver is £44.20
The route suggested is East Coast to Newark and then a EM to Lincoln.
However,
I noticed that the connecting train continued to Peterborough - an earlier stop on the East Coast train which got me thinking. . . .
The saver return to Peterborough comes up at £28.25.
There are trains indicated Peterborough to Lincoln via Spalding at £9.70 return -
suggesting a saving of about 13% or six pounds but it is not possible to make such a booking (no Sunday service?)

If I travel this weekend (and I have yet to book anywhere to stay) I may simply go for the simple £44.20 option but I wondered if a guru may have any thoughts or suggestions.
(A first class return conbination for £50 would be ideal ;) but I am realistic!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The £9.70 price tag for Peterborough to Lincoln via Spalding is the day return price.

The off-peak return via Spalding comes in at just over £16, so doesn't give you a saving.

Yew

Established Member
trentside:1479645 said:
The £9.70 price tag for Peterborough to Lincoln via Spalding is the day return price.

The off-peak return via Spalding comes in at just over £16, so doesn't give you a saving.

And, it means more time on a dogbox, instead of HST.

ert47

Make sure you bring suitable entertainment, I've done the journey between Peter'bo and Lincs a couple of times and it is not much fun.

Class 153s are usually booked on the route, being trapped on one for an hour or so isnt fun! There isn't much to look at out the windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.