• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay jay

Did I read somehwere on here a while back that there is a website somewhere where you can get cheaper Virgin tickets from London to Manchester?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cuccir

Established Member
In theory, no: Virgin don't offer discounts on their own tickets through their website (unlike some other TOCs), unless you're buying their group advance tickets. That said, different booking engines and interfaces will search for fares differently, meaning that some make it easier to find cheap fares. But that's often down to personal preference.

Oh, and there is Megabus/Megatrain. They offer some cheaper tickets on a limited number of Virgin services from a limited number of stops, which I think are released about 8 weeks in advance.

MCR247

Established Member
The only time you'll ever see yorkie linking to the trainline :lol:

marl333

Did I read somehwere on here a while back that there is a website somewhere where you can get cheaper Virgin tickets from London to Manchester?

East Midlands trains don't charge a postage fee for Virgin Train advance tickets so although the ticket is the same price, if you want it posted it will be £1 cheaper on the EMT website compared to Virgin. So for me, that's a yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.