• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Trip Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Hi folks

Was thinking of planning a trip to London in the next month and was wondering if I could have some help/advice on the following pointers:

I'm concerned about the potential for a local lockdown to prevent me from being able to visit London or get my money back from advance train ticket purchases, is this likely and where do I stand with TOC's if a local lockdown is put in place? (I believe I'm entitled to hotel money back if one is put in place?)

What's the current situation with Covid in London, are things good or are they heading for a potential lockdown?

What are the best rail trips/stations to visit whilst in London to make the most of my time there?

Many thanks :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
If your hotel closes or a train is cancelled or indeed any other service you paid for is unavailable, then you're entitled to a refund regardless of any so-called 'lockdowns'. This is regardless of the actual terms and conditions offered.

Beyond that there is a need to think carefully about the terms and conditions of what you are buying. Most firms are offering amended conditions for the near future because of this specific threat. Not all are though.

In many cases you'll be able to make free amendments. For example, if you buy an Advance ticket from the CrossCountry website you can change the time or date for free, and could before Covid-19.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm concerned about the potential for a local lockdown to prevent me from being able to visit London or get my money back from advance train ticket purchases, is this likely and where do I stand with TOC's if a local lockdown is put in place? (I believe I'm entitled to hotel money back if one is put in place?)
There is unlikely to be a situation in which you are prevented from visiting London, though if places you wish to visit are forcibly closed, then you may be best choosing not to go. I'd expect a retailer to at least offer a fee-free change of travel plans, if this happens.

Regarding hotels, all my current UK bookings are with Premier Inn; they will allow changes to be made without penalty (and regardless of reason).
What's the current situation with Covid in London, are things good or are they heading for a potential lockdown?
Not aware of any issues; probably safer than most places as large parts of London must have some degree of immunity by now
What are the best rail trips/stations to visit whilst in London to make the most of my time there?
It really depends on what sort of things you want to see/do?

Status
Not open for further replies.