• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground and the National Rail Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Mayen

Does anyone know what (if any) effect the National Rail strike will have on London Underground services? I believe there are some sections of LU lines signalled by NR. Will they be open?

Many Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Although Wimbledon signalling control centre will be operational for main-line services, I doubt they would be able to operate the District services from platforms 1-4 - East Putney.
Similarly Richmond local box is separate from the Basingstoke controlled SWR line, unlikely to open.
Wembley suburban controls entry/exit from Stonebridge Park depot and to Queen’s Park. Unlikely the Bakerloo would operate beyond Queen’s Park.

Tube driver

A LOT of drivers and staff come in via national rail so there could be some unintentional problems there.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Drivers come from the Central Line. trying to maintain service on the prominent Line?
Also, traction current on the Waterloo & City line is switched by the Network Rail Electrical Control Room (it's the ECR at Raynes Park when I worked there, not sure if this is still open or if the functions have been moved to the Wessex region Rail Operating Centre or elsewhere). Perhaps there is a possible concern that insufficient Electrical Control Operators at Network Rail will be on shift.

FWIW for other posters, staff requesting a switch off of traction current on any given line would make this request to the LU Service Controller, who would, in turn, contact the LU Power Control Room, the process on the Waterloo & City line is that the Service Controller would instead speak to the Network Rail Eco.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Although Wimbledon signalling control centre will be operational for main-line services, I doubt they would be able to operate the District services from platforms 1-4 - East Putney.
Similarly Richmond local box is separate from the Basingstoke controlled SWR line, unlikely to open.
Wembley suburban controls entry/exit from Stonebridge Park depot and to Queen’s Park. Unlikely the Bakerloo would operate beyond Queen’s Park.
Richmond and Wimbledon will have a service, albeit restricted hours as per the rest of the open NR network

Status
Not open for further replies.