• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 intake)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Holdonwait

Thanks. It's been well over that for me.

I think I'll give it until the end of the month before maybe calling for an update.
I think it says 10-14 days on the website as well... Probably best to call/email.

In my experience they respond pretty quick.

moonie95

Just had my roleplay and interview today, the interview finished. I feel i have failed.. because usually after most interviews they should ask «’do you have any questions for us?’ Or ‘what is your notice period?’ They didn’t ask me any of those… it was like this is the end of the interview you can now leave.

Did anyone get those basic questions of when is your notice period?

sdpo15

Just had my roleplay and interview today, the interview finished. I feel i have failed.. because usually after most interviews they should ask «’do you have any questions for us?’ Or ‘what is your notice period?’ They didn’t ask me any of those… it was like this is the end of the interview you can now leave.

Did anyone get those basic questions of when is your notice period?
Hello,

I didn’t get any of those questions! Literally just went through the SBI and had been told I’d find out in two weeks.

They let me know in a week that I had been successful.

Your hiring manager will ask you your notice period if you are successful, as they will be looking when you book you on for a training course.

moonie95

Hello,

I didn’t get any of those questions! Literally just went through the SBI and had been told I’d find out in two weeks.

Your hiring manager will ask you your notice period if you are successful, as they will be looking when you book you on for a training course.
Did you receive email that you passed everything or did they call you and ask for notice period?

San.

Hello,

What was SBI like?

moonie95

What was SBI like?
They give you a scenario of what you may face as London Underground employee and you just explain what you would do in that situation. For example dealing with a drunk customer

sdpo15

Did you receive email that you passed everything or did they call you and ask for notice period?
Email to say I passed.

Email to say training dates available.

Call a week or so later asking my availability for training date and my notice period.

Kreddy

Hey, I am pretty sure you would clear this, please be hopeful. How was Role play and SBI on the whole?

Could you please help us with step to step guide as to how it went? Is it something too much to worry about?

moonie95

Hey, I am pretty sure you would clear this, please be hopeful. How was Role play and SBI on the whole?

Could you please help us with step to step guide as to how it went? Is it something too much to worry about?
Hey, roleplay is all mentioned in the posts in this topic which basically tells you about the roleplay that comes up. I had someone who was smoking in the station and the ticket was going through the gates when they where trying to exit. You will have to assist them whilst considering the safety of themselves.

The scenario I had for SBI, was a drunken passenger trying to go through the gates and trying to travel on services, you will have ensure they get to their destination safely. The interviewer will ask you further questions on your actions.

Kreddy

Hey, roleplay is all mentioned in the posts in this topic which basically tells you about the roleplay that comes up. I had someone who was smoking in the station and the ticket was going through the gates when they where trying to exit. You will have to assist them whilst considering the safety of themselves.

The scenario I had for SBI, was a drunken passenger trying to go through the gates and trying to travel on services, you will have ensure they get to their destination safely. The interviewer will ask you further questions on your actions.
Thank you for your response. It seems you have performed pretty well, why do you think you may fail? Is there any mistake that you have done during the SBI?

during roleplay, were you kind of nervous or how was your performance?

I’m requesting this information to feel confident myself.

Thanks for your time mate

moonie95

Thank you for your response. It seems you have performed pretty well, why do you think you may fail? Is there any mistake that you have done during the SBI?

during roleplay, were you kind of nervous or how was your performance?

I’m requesting this information to feel confident myself.

Thanks for your time mate
Roleplay is about trying to catch your reaction, some roleplay scenarios the actors will be hard to budge through. So you will have to find a solution and remain calm whilst providing alternatives.

Kreddy

Last edited:

Yawb09

Applied for CSA2 does anyone know how long it takes to get feedback after completing stage 3? N how long it takes to get the drug test appointment n how long the results takes?

moonie95

Applied for CSA2 does anyone know how long it takes to get feedback after completing stage 3? N how long it takes to get the drug test appointment n how long the results takes?
When did you do the roleplay and interview?

Travellerr

Recently i had a role play with TFL.
The scenario was Role play.
TFL Scenario- you are working as a CSA in gate line and one customer approach with her card and tapped but not working. There is no fault on machine and she has no other card or any mode of payment. What will you do.

twpsaesneg

TFL Scenario- you are working as a CSA in gate line and one customer approach with her card and tapped but not working. There is no fault on machine and she has no other card or any mode of payment. What will you do.
Would the answer to this not depend upon whether they are entering or leaving the station?

moonie95

Did you have the interview same day?

Roger1973

How much of a briefing did you get before the role play started?

I had a TFL interview (not Underground) some years ago which involved a role play with an 'angry customer' - I got some briefing before it started, but the 'customer' came up with a situation I'd not been briefed on, and as an external candidate, I didn't know the rules / procedures for this already (and I don't think it was a situation that it would have been possible to find the right answer by a bit of prior research.)

I'm not sure whether this is just them being unprofessional, or a way of favouring internal candidates while pretending it's open recruitment, or a way of seeing whether candidates can cope with the unexpected and come up with a reasonable answer even if it might not be the one in the rule book.

I did pass to the next stage, but don't know if I got through by luck in that I guessed right, or that I got through by coming up with an answer rather than freezing or dithering.

sdpo15

I waited 6 working days I believe to find out successful.

Occupational health/drug test - I booked for one two weeks after I found I was successful.

OH will tell you right then and there if they are happy to sign you off based on results.

Kreddy

Roleplay is about trying to catch your reaction, some roleplay scenarios the actors will be hard to budge through. So you will have to find a solution and remain calm whilst providing alternatives.
Thank you very much! Are you aware of other scenarios in SBI? How’s your experience during SBI?

Thanks in advance

Mightyhammer

I waited 6 working days I believe to find out successful.

Occupational health/drug test - I booked for one two weeks after I found I was successful.

OH will tell you right then and there if they are happy to sign you off based on results.
I have a provisional start date but I’m still waiting for my OH appointment. Other than the drug / alcohol test, what else is involved in that appointment please? I’m asking as I have a bit of ‘white coat syndrome’ (get nervous in health care settings) so knowing in advance what happens would slightly help to alleviate some concerns. Thanks for anything you are able to share.

sdpo15

I have a provisional start date but I’m still waiting for my OH appointment. Other than the drug / alcohol test, what else is involved in that appointment please? I’m asking as I have a bit of ‘white coat syndrome’ (get nervous in health care settings) so knowing in advance what happens would slightly help to alleviate some concerns. Thanks for anything you are able to share.
First person is urine test, height weight, blood pressure, eye test (like at the opticians with the letter board) and a hearing test (sit on a booth with high pitched noise and have to identify the high pitched noise).

Second person just asks about your health generally and eye test to check perioheral vision and checks over the eye and hearing test if they hit the requirements.

Flow

I waiting just under 2 weeks for a response.. it’s the screening and all the other stuff that takes long

Mightyhammer

First person is urine test, height weight, blood pressure, eye test (like at the opticians with the letter board) and a hearing test (sit on a booth with high pitched noise and have to identify the high pitched noise).

Second person just asks about your health generally and eye test to check perioheral vision and checks over the eye and hearing test if they hit the requirements.
Thanks for the reply. Very helpful.