• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground Night Tube CSA (29/08/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawkie

Moderator edit: Some key elements to this role. It appears to be a talent pool of some sort and also part-time.

This recruitment campaign is to recruit to a waitlist for permanent opportunities as they arise. We will be offering roles on an ongoing basis over the next two years.

Salary: £15,398.

This position is on Friday and Saturday nights, working 15 hours per week. Start time between 22:00-00:00. This could be at any location in London. Please be aware that you cannot take up this role and work in another capacity on Friday or Saturday as this contravenes safety / working time regulations.

You will be assigned to an Area within a Cover Group and could be required to work at any of the number of stations within that Cover Group. Area’s can be anywhere covered by the London Underground Network.

Closing date for Applications: Sunday 19th September 2021 @ 23:59.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Interesting advert - would suggest the Night Tube will be returning in the next year or so.

choochoochoo

Established Member
Interesting advert - would suggest the Night Tube will be returning in the next year or so.

Will be interesting to see how TfL have justified restarting a loss-making service when they are already losing money.

Still I find night tube really useful on nights out. No need to clock watch to make sure you don't miss the last train/tube.

Good luck to all who apply

Joe-7

Are you allow you work days as overtime ? And would you have to chance to change into full time days shifts ??

Sphun20

Are you allow you work days as overtime ? And would you have to chance to change into full time days shifts ??
yes you can if there's any available and you can nominate to go full time after your probation (ie 6 months)

Mattyblob

Will be interesting to see how TfL have justified restarting a loss-making service when they are already losing money.

Still I find night tube really useful on nights out. No need to clock watch to make sure you don't miss the last train/tube.

Good luck to all who apply
I think you'll find night tube was a financial success, it did much better than expected

Mawkie

I think you'll find night tube was a financial success, it did much better than expected
I suspect it was not a financial success for TfL, although it was a huge success for central London pubs, clubs, restaurants, et al. In fact, inside the company, the rumour was that night tube was hemorrhaging cash as most of the 'service users' either had a weekly pass or didn't bother with a ticket.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

Almost certain it was a bit of money sink for TfL which is why its been slow to return and medium-term future is uncertain.

Chanelle25

Thanks for the heads up!!
This sounds like an interesting job role..providing I pass the application process the SJT will be the next hurdle! I've taken the SJT a few years ago and not passed it even though I thought most of the answers were pretty obvious! But hey ho will give it try

Mawkie

Thanks for the heads up!!
This sounds like an interesting job role..providing I pass the application process the SJT will be the next hurdle! I've taken the SJT a few years ago and not passed it even though I thought most of the answers were pretty obvious! But hey ho will give it try
Good luck!

Chanelle25

Hi, no I haven't but that's how I got into London underground a couple of years ago.
Oh okay, i've applied and completed the SJT, but not sure how I've got on as of yet! I'm hoping I've done well enough to get to the next stage.....

Bucephalus

Hi there. I have a role play for this job on Thursday. I failed last time around. Does anyone have any advice, hints, and tips for me please?

Hi there. I have a role play for this job on Thursday. I failed last time around. Does anyone have any advice, hints, and tips for me please?
Any words of wisdom from anyone on this subject? It's tomorrow

Last edited:

vantime

Any words of wisdom from anyone on this
The advice I'd like to offer is that all of us that sit the role play haven't been taught the policy's and regulations that are required until training is completed. Because of that I think the assessors just want to see how your personality reacts to difficult situations, so I'd say don't worry about the correct answers just the correct way to treat people. Good luck tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bucephalus

The advice I'd like to offer is that all of us that sit the role play haven't been taught the policy's and regulations that are required until training is completed. Because of that I think the assessors just want to see how your personality reacts to difficult situations, so I'd say don't worry about the correct answers just the correct way to treat people. Good luck tomorrow.
Thank you, I'll give it my best

TheSnake

I’ve applied for this position and have gotten through to the role play stage too. I’ve never had to to any sort of role play interview before and am pretty nervous! Will all the information on how I deal with the situation be given to me in the ten minute brief?

Londonkens

I’ve applied for this position and have gotten through to the role play stage too. I’ve never had to to any sort of role play interview before and am pretty nervous! Will all the information on how I deal with the situation be given to me in the ten minute brief?

don’t be nervous, just take a few deep breathes before hand. They are really friendly and keep you calm to start with and make sure you ask questions if you have any before it starts.

I would say the key is to offer as many options to the customer as possible, be kind, be warm and just treat the customer as you would like to be treated, make a genuine conversation and I would say always introduce yourself.

Good Luck

Mawkie

Not exactly, you are given a scenario to read and left for a few minutes to have a think about that situation. (Typically, this could be someone presenting with no ticket, or smoking on the platform, or refusing to get off a train etc).

I would suggest having another look at the TfL job description for CSA and try and see how you can evidence those responsibilities in the role play.

The person making written notes of the role play will understand you don't have extensive knowledge of LU policies and procedures, so will be looking to see that you can interpret the situation with calmness, confidence, empathy, that you have good communication skills, and a friendly demeanour. They will look to see that you don't escalate any incident (eg when confronted with aggression)or indeed shy away, but ultimately, they will be looking for a resolution (within the parameters of running a service) to the scenario that's been presented to you.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Customer-Service-Assistant-1-CSA1-JD.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.