• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tube Fan

Hallo all!
I'm from Austria and was in London something about two years ago.
Since then I've been a fan of the London Underground and I wanted to ask if anyone knows of any place where I can get the announcements and mileage data for all the London Underground route as I would need this for a London Underground simulator which I'm programming so that I as a blind person would be able to drive a virtual tube train.
As I already said, I'm blind. And because there is only one railway simulation game for the blind and visually impaired I decided to use my knowledge in programming for something useful and to programm a London Underground simulator for myselve.
I've already programmed the following vehicles and routes but without speed limit information or tunnels.
Routes:
Bakerloo Line from Harrow & Wealdstone to Elefant & Castle
Central Line from West Ruislip/Ealing Broadway to Epping (without Hainault-loop)
Victoria Line from Walthamstow Central to Brixton incl. Northumberland park depot.
Jubilee Line from Stanmore to Stratford
Northern Line from Edgware/High Barnet to Morden via Bank/Charing Cross and the Mill hill east branch
Piccadilly line from Cokfosters to Heathrow/Uxbridge
Metropolitan Line from Amersham/Chesham/Watford/Uxbridge to Aldgate
Circle Line from Edgware Road to Edgware Road
District Line from Richmond/Wimbledon/Ealing Broadway/Edgware Road to Upminster/Kensington Olympia
Hammersmith & City Line from Hammersmith to Barking
Waterloo & City Line from Bank to Waterloo

Vehicles:
1972 stock
1973 stock
1992 stock
1995 stock
1996 stock
2009 stock
s7/s8 stock
battery=electric locomotive

If anyone could please help me to find mileage data and announcements that would greatly apreciated.

Regards,
Tube Fan

P.S.: Sorry for any misstakes i made but English isn't my mothertongue.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mawkie

There have been numerous Freedom of Information requests regarding announcements from the website below. It might be worth having a search for any other information you require and if you don't find it, you can make a formal request.

Tube Fan

There have been numerous Freedom of Information requests regarding announcements from the website below. It might be worth having a search for any other information you require and if you don't find it, you can make a formal request.

Hallo!
Thanks for this information and the link. It really helped a lot.
I've found this site myself just a few days ago and haven't found something so far. So thanks again for this link.
What I already got now was an excel sheet containing the distances between adjacent stations. But I'd still like to know the distances between depots and the next stations. So if someone could send me some information about that I'ld be really greatful.
Thanks again,
Tube Fan

philthetube

Established Member
When I read the bottom line of your post I felt obligated to check for mistakes, I must admit that I would have made more, I find most people using a foreign language like to have mistakes pointed out, so I hope I am not offending you.

The important one is, Elephant, not Elefant
also, Mysefl, not Myselve and Mother tongue is two words.

If you explain to TFL why you want any information you need they may well be helpful.

Tube Fan

When I read the bottom line of your post I felt obligated to check for mistakes, I must admit that I would have made more, I find most people using a foreign language like to have mistakes pointed out, so I hope I am not offending you.

The important one is, Elephant, not Elefant
also, Mysefl, not Myselve and Mother tongue is two words.

If you explain to TFL why you want any information you need they may well be helpful.
Hi!

Thanks for pointing my mistakes out to me. That certainly was helpfull.

I'd certainly write to TFL immediately if there wasn't the "virus who must not be named" still at large in the UK.
I believe that TFL has enough to do already without some guy writing a not essencial foi-request to them.

Thanks again and stay save,
Tube Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.