• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Victoria to Fareham

Bozo

Hi,

In a few weeks time I'm travelling from London Victoria to Fareham, and from what I can understand on the timetable, it looks like the train splits at Horsham. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? and if so, which end of the train should I sit at so I don't end up having to move at Horsham.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

Usually it’s the front 4 coaches for Fareham and Southampton or Portsmouth

ajs

There should be plenty of automated announcements on board as well as the scrolling information screen giving the forthcoming station stops and of which portion of the train to be in after the split.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Usually it’s the front 4 coaches for Fareham and Southampton or Portsmouth
Most likely the portion calling at Fareham will be that at the front and working forward to Southampton Central. The other portion will probably be one for Bognor Regis.

James Wake

Most likely the portion calling at Fareham will be that at the front and working forward to Southampton Central. The other portion will probably be one for Bognor Regis.
Yes, was just adding Portsmouth as the other option those trains that split go to

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Yes, was just adding Portsmouth as the other option those trains that split go to
Trains from London Victoria that split at Horsham before continuing on to Portsmouth Harbour / Bognor Regis won't ever have a portion direct for Fareham, will they?

James Wake

Trains from London Victoria that split at Horsham before continuing on to Portsmouth Harbour / Bognor Regis won't ever have a portion direct for Fareham, will they?
No, but it’s an option to sometimes change on a Brighton to Southampton train or change at Fratton or something

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
No, but it’s an option to sometimes change on a Brighton to Southampton train or change at Fratton or something
Indeed. However the OP was, of course, talking about taking a direct train from London Victoria to Fareham, and not having to switch carriages when the train splits at Horsham. Changing trains en route wasn't really contemplated.

James Wake

Of course, however it’s good to know all your options, I’ve had a few nightmare journeys along those lines before