• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Votes 2012

Who will (or would) you vote for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
He didn't. The Queen reigns....T.Blair "Governed".

Shush...you are ruining the carefully cultivated P.R. image of himself that Tony Blair spent over 10 years persuading the electorate that when he went to Buckingham Palace, it was so he could be at home there in plenty of time to have the "Hobnobs" really to give the Queen with her tea, when she visited him at his London residence to see how the hoi polloi were behaving themselves....:D

Come to think of it, I never really knew whether Margaret Thatcher was the first Prime Minister to confuse the ruling monarch as to who really should be at Buckingham Palace...and it is well known that she had then tutored Tony Blair to carry out the same method.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wintonian

Established Member
Still waiting for the London mayor results although results are due imminently.

Seems they misplaced two boxes of ballot papers which is what has caused this delay

No idea about that but Brent was being counted at Ally Pally where there was a power cut which delayed the start of counting untill 08:45.

I left Ally Pally about 19:15 and there wasn't much happening apart from a handful of terminals being used for adjudications/ manual inputs and another handful of scanners being used to scan in ballots to the system.

Attachments

• ally-pally_scanner-bank.jpg
    ally-pally_scanner-bank.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 11

Schnellzug

Established Member
Shush...you are ruining the carefully cultivated P.R. image of himself that Tony Blair spent over 10 years persuading the electorate that when he went to Buckingham Palace, it was so he could be at home there in plenty of time to have the "Hobnobs" really to give the Queen with her tea, when she visited him at his London residence to see how the hoi polloi were behaving themselves....:D

Come to think of it, I never really knew whether Margaret Thatcher was the first Prime Minister to confuse the ruling monarch as to who really should be at Buckingham Palace...and it is well known that she had then tutored Tony Blair to carry out the same method.

Actually, to be fair, I don't think that Tony did think of himself as the ruling Monarch. I think he thought that he was Napoleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.