• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Looking for some books

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshZ

Anyone got some good reccomendation for books about the south wales valley lines, the former taff vale lines especially?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Have you tried the back catalogue of the following publishers; Middleton and Oakwood? They are very good for that kind of thing and come highly recommended. I have several of their books and they are very good.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I think that Silver Link Publishing did either a 2-volume or a 3-volume softback set on the Taff Vale Railway by John Hutton a few years ago. I have found them to be quite a good publisher and have many of their books in my collection.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Anyone got some good reccomendation for books about the south wales valley lines, the former taff vale lines especially?

Hi WelshZ, what sort of books are you interested in? Motive power, history, photographs? Or just general? There may be something in Ian Allan in Cardiff, they have always had a good stock of local books when I've been in there.

Welcome, by the way! I was in Porth the other day!

WelshZ

just general really but dealing with the early diesel era of the lines as seeing information on the more diverse group of diesels such as the Rats. I never knew that there was a Ian Allen in Cardiff!

Thanks for the welcome by the way

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
just general really but dealing with the early diesel era of the lines as seeing information on the more diverse group of diesels such as the Rats. I never knew that there was a Ian Allen in Cardiff!

Thanks for the welcome by the way

It's quite a big store (bigger than Manchester anyway!) and located in one of the arcades - possibly Royal Arcade IIRC. It's well worth a visit - they usually have some books on sale at reduced prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.