• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost Notice Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylawzy

I was issued with a penalty fare 3 weeks ago. I was so livid when I received the penalty notice that I ripped it up soon after receiving it. However, after taking some time to think about it I want to pay off the fine. Problem is I have them a false address. To pay the fine I need the postcode and notice number. I know the postcode I told them, but I can’t find the notice number. I heard you receive the notice number from a letter and from the receipt given by the inspector. I don’t have either of these, what should I do?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Contact the Train Operating Company and explain that you've mislaid the notice?

ylawzy

I called them, but it’s an automated Payment line. They ask for the notice number over the phone and don’t offer any call options if you don’t have one. Are there any non-automated calling options??

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
Well for a start it might actually help if you tell people what Company it is.
Also just for the record giving wrong details is an offence in itself.

ylawzy

London Underground - Highbury
They had all my info anyway I gave them my I.D and journey details. I just didn’t wanna give them my postcode, which I know was wrong. I don’t know if I should go to the station in person or send the money by post.

WesternLancer

Established Member
I was issued with a penalty fare 3 weeks ago. I was so livid when I received the penalty notice that I ripped it up soon after receiving it. However, after taking some time to think about it I want to pay off the fine. Problem is I have them a false address. To pay the fine I need the postcode and notice number. I know the postcode I told them, but I can’t find the notice number. I heard you receive the notice number from a letter and from the receipt given by the inspector. I don’t have either of these, what should I do?
try the Train Company customer services instead - explain you have lost the notice number but want to pay and thus need it to use the automated payment line (use the same address you gave before as some hope it will match on a database) - given that you are calling to pay them some money it's possible that they may be able to find you another number to ring to get said notice number.

WesternLancer

Established Member
London Underground - Highbury
They had all my info anyway I gave them my I.D and journey details. I just didn’t wanna give them my postcode, which I know was wrong. I don’t know if I should go to the station in person or send the money by post.
I doubt they would deal with at the station but you could go and ask.

gray1404

Established Member
Phone Customer Service of London Overground (provided it was them who issued the notice, and not Transport for London) and just explain that you have lost the notice and want to pay it so could they please provide you with the number needed to use the automated payment line. I would do this as a matter of urgency.

island

Veteran Member
Ring TfL’s general customer service line, I think it’s 0343 222 1234 but a quick Google will confirm. They should be able to assist. Do it quickly as the penalty has already doubled after non-payment within 14 days and prosecution is possible if not settled soon.

jumble

It
Ring TfL’s general customer service line, I think it’s 0343 222 1234 but a quick Google will confirm. They should be able to assist. Do it quickly as the penalty has already doubled after non-payment within 14 days and prosecution is possible if not settled soon.

It would be most prudent to follow this up with an email confirming the discussion as then you get an acknowledgement that it has been received.

Status
Not open for further replies.