• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost Property On RailJet Service From Vienna to Zurich

Status
Not open for further replies.

applepie2100

Being the slightly silly person I am I've recently left my iPad on a RailJet service travelling from Vienna to Zurich. I left it on the train after getting off in Zurich HB and as such I've filed a lost property report with SBB however I've also filed a report with OBB as the train was run by them.

Which of them am I more likely to have success with and I've I done the right thing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

farci

I have left iPads etc on trains and planes at various times but I have never recovered any of them. I am afraid it's too easy to sell such stolen equipment on. If you have travel insurance you should also file a police report to make a claim

applepie2100

I've had good news this morning. SBB have been in touch by email to say they've located my iPad and will help to ship it back to me in the UK. Definitely a lesson learned the hard way.

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Restores your faith in human nature when that happens.
And acts as a reminder that it is worth reporting lost property. I lost a bike once from the (locked) garden shed, and only a few hours after discovering it and reporting it lost, a fairly local police station rang me and said to come and collect it.

JB_B

Established Member
When I first went InterRailling - many, many years ago - I lost my waterproof in Norway and my camera in Switzerland (camera was an Olympus XA which give you a clue about how long ago - it was the most expensive thing I owned at the time).

In both cases they were waiting for me to collect at lost property.

Adlington

I lost my waterproof in Norway and my camera in Switzerland.
In both cases they were waiting for me to collect at lost property.
How much did it cost you to get to two lost property offices in two different countries?

Established Member
Left my coat on a train in Denmark a couple of years ago which went ECS to the depot, reported it to lost property and was re-united with it the following morning; luckily it didn't rain :smile:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
You won't get an iPad back. I'd strongly suggest logging into your iCloud account and bricking it before they reset it back to box and get to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.