• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lostock or Lostock Parkway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffcphone

I fully appreciate I'm being pedantic here and there's far more important issues currently but it seems within the GMPTE area, the station referred to in timetables as "Lostock" and signage at the station itself agrees with this, GMPTE calling displays always refer to it as "Lostock Parkway". In train announcements, either manually or automatic, also refer to it simply as Lostock.

Given the next northbound stop genuinely includes the word "Parkway" I wonder whether this is a slip of somebody entering the data on a computer. At Preston and Chorley stations, it's only ever referred to as Lostock.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WatcherZero

Established Member
It was the original name when it reopened in 1988 and during 1989 but was dropped. They did a major carpark overhaul last year so perhaps they are refering to it as a parkway again?

Edit: Did some digging
According to Traveline its address is:

First North Western,
Lostock Parkway Railway Station,
Lostock Junction Lane,
Bolton,
BL6 4JN

Shows that outdated as FNW ended in 2004, but a Bolton Council document from 2010 refers to it as Lostock Parkway too.

Last edited:

First class

Established Member
Officially it is just Lostock, the Staff TT Databases list it as such, as do National Rail Enq.

lostock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.