• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LSL path, 1Z45, 27-Nov-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whilst searching RTT for timings for the York Yuletide Express and the Salisbury & Bath Christmas Statesman on 27-Nov (neither of which yet appear in RTT), I stumbled across this:

1Z45, 12:05 Manchester Piccadilly to St Pancras

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:U63470/2021-11-27/detailed

I can't see anything listed on any of the LSL tour sites, or any of the other railtour info sites that I normally use..

Does anyone have any knowledge, or is this just a path that has been put in / left in by mistake?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spartacus

Established Member
Whilst searching RTT for timings for the York Yuletide Express and the Salisbury & Bath Christmas Statesman on 27-Nov (neither of which yet appear in RTT), I stumbled across this:

1Z45, 12:05 Manchester Piccadilly to St Pancras

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:U63470/2021-11-27/detailed

I can't see anything listed on any of the LSL tour sites, or any of the other railtour info sites that I normally use..

Does anyone have any knowledge, or is this just a path that has been put in / left in by mistake?

Thanks

Seems to come from Crewe and return back to Crewe ECS. Could be a private charter for some occasion, looks like diesel with no loco changes.

Probably the company owner going south in style with some friends/guests and staff being entertained en route. Going a suitable route to allow time for a big lunch and a few drinks. These sorts of trains seem to pop up and heritage traction/steam have worked them on occasions although there is now the hst too.

Sm5

I wonder why StPancras. Is their engineering work at Euston that day ?

I wonder why StPancras. Is their engineering work at Euston that day ?

If you are doing a big lunch for the guests with after dinner drinks Euston is reached much quicker potentially so the chosen option offers another 80-90 mins entertaining etc. Also gives a chance for the trainset element of the firm to have something they like into St Pancras which is a rarer terminus for loco hauled trains/charters these days.

Seems to come from Crewe and return back to Crewe ECS. Could be a private charter for some occasion, looks like diesel with no loco changes.
Thanks - makes sense - I recall them doing some private charters earlier in the year.
RTT says pathed for diesel locomotive at 95mph, so presumably 47s, so with the Statesman running the same day, they’ll need to have 4 available that day

Established Member
Manchester United play at Chelsea the next day. Maybe just coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.