• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luggage allowance on Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadget88

Can you take things like hair straighteners on Euro star? Also toasters as our hotel doesn’t have breakfast.

Just wondering as I’ve only been on a day trip on Euro star never went on with a case.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
You can take pretty much what you like. The X-raying is looking for bombs rather than being airline style, it's more like airport X-rays used to be before all the liquids nonsense etc.

The only things I can think of of note is that you can't take camping gas cartridges (LPG is not generally allowed in the tunnel, even I think LPG cars), knives that are non-folding or over 3in blade (this sounds like it wouldn't be an issue but would include I think regular household cutlery as you may want to take if camping, so if camping best take a plastic spork or similar instead) or hot drinks other than in sealed flasks (because everything goes through the X-ray machine and they would spill, you can buy them "railside" though).

coupwotcoup

or just take the toaster and straighten your hair in that ... simples!

On my recent return from Spain, had a few bits and bobs wrapped in silver foil plus 40 packs of baccy
and two mobile phones - guaranteed, I'd thought to get a tug.

But nothing, despite going through x-ray security checks in Girona and Paris.

Think I read somewhere that you are technically limited to two suitcases per person on E*
and all luggage must be labelled - but these rules are in the main ignored.

paddington

You can take hair straighteners on airplanes so not sure why they would be disallowed on eurostar

They wouldn't work on airplanes as they draw quite a high current, but I've managed to use a hair straightener on a Swiss (SBB) train, not sure whether it was meant to work

mpthomson

Can you take things like hair straighteners on Euro star? Also toasters as our hotel doesn’t have breakfast.

Just wondering as I’ve only been on a day trip on Euro star never went on with a case.

Just be aware that the smoke/heat detectors in your hotel room probably won't like a toaster very much...

Status
Not open for further replies.