• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luggage on Night Riviera sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

Please can someone tell me if there’s anywhere else to store luggage, other than in cabins?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Please can someone tell me if there’s anywhere else to store luggage, other than in cabins?
The end of the leading seated coach has a large area which I'd assume is for luggage. Effectively a guards van, but within the coach-albeit beyond the seated area.

I believe the Sleeper is the only way to transport surfboards to Cornwall these days, so I'd assume this is indeed the space for big luggage-unless you've to store them in your wardrobe!

Cloud Strife

Established Member
I believe the Sleeper is the only way to transport surfboards to Cornwall these days, so I'd assume this is indeed the space for big luggage-unless you've to store them in your wardrobe!

Ryanair transport them, for a mere 55 quid. Their fares to Newquay are usually tiny though, so it's a tradeoff.

Established Member
Ryanair transport them, for a mere 55 quid. Their fares to Newquay are usually tiny though, so it's a tradeoff.
I had no idea Ryanair flew from London to Newquay.

You've put an idea into my head there for a future trip now!

Cloud Strife

Established Member
I had no idea Ryanair flew from London to Newquay.

They've got fares for as little as 40 quid in summer, return! I suspect that this is one of the typical Ryanair routes where they know that they'll rake it in from baggage fees, so they can afford to keep the headline fares very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.