• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lumo Delay Repay Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveP29

I was on the scheduled 19:21 Lumo service Newcastle to Edinburgh on Sunday gone.
Train was delayed by a broken down train between York and Northallerton and I arrived in Edinburgh 43 minutes late.

I had bought two tickets for me and my partner Edinburgh to Newcastle and back but my partner couldn't travel so I cancelled the tickets but kept one of the Newcastle to Edinburgh tickets and booked a fresh ticket Edinburgh to Newcastle.

Submitted my delay Repay claim today and immediately got it rejected, the first time I have ever had this happen to me.

I have appealed and uploaded the whole booking this time, not just the affected ticket.
I guess that was the reason the claim was rejected, anyone ever had a delay Repay claim rejected?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nova1

The computer probably assumed a different itinery or different train so instantly rejected it. On the appeal it should be reviewed by a human

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I was on the scheduled 19:21 Lumo service Newcastle to Edinburgh on Sunday gone.
Train was delayed by a broken down train between York and Northallerton and I arrived in Edinburgh 43 minutes late.

I had bought two tickets for me and my partner Edinburgh to Newcastle and back but my partner couldn't travel so I cancelled the tickets but kept one of the Newcastle to Edinburgh tickets and booked a fresh ticket Edinburgh to Newcastle.

Submitted my delay Repay claim today and immediately got it rejected, the first time I have ever had this happen to me.

I have appealed and uploaded the whole booking this time, not just the affected ticket.
I guess that was the reason the claim was rejected, anyone ever had a delay Repay claim rejected?
What was the stated reason for the rejection?

SteveP29

What was the stated reason for the rejection?
I was quite angered by the dexlcision so I hadn't even read the email, just saw the 'unsuccessful' bit and appealed.
One paragraph of the email says:
'Thank you for your Delay Repay claim. The ticket provided is not valid for the journey you?ve claimed for. Therefore, your claim has been rejected on this occasion' but the single ticket I submitted was valid, it's the one I travelled in and had checked by the 'customer experience' person without issue.

Update:
Email from Lumo this lunchtime and my appeal has been successful.

Lesson Learned: Always include the whole booking even the cancelled parts in future when having to submit a claim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.