• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lymmy stock refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

Just heard last night that the Lymmy CIGS will be going off for an 8 week refurb'. Before they can go though a 450 needs to be procured as a spare - which is not forthcoming at the moment.

Not sure what form the refurb' is going to take - but the colours will remain the same (that'd be awful if they did them in Disastro blue).

lym-001.jpg

So we may see 450's on the branch a bit more often. Don't know what this will do for the turns - they are intensely boring as it is.

The Depot has been told to do VEP 'Gordon Petitt' up and make it look nice but no more information than that. So we don't know where it's heading. NRM perhaps?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

They weren't mechanically overhauled, and the traction gear needs a good once over.

richa2002

Established Member
In regards of the 4VEP, hopefully SWT have seen sense and will run excursions with it plus one of the 3CIGs (with the other 3CIG covering the branch).

class 313

Established Member
Just heard last night that the Lymmy CIGS will be going off for an 8 week refurb'. Before they can go though a 450 needs to be procured as a spare - which is not forthcoming at the moment.

Not sure what form the refurb' is going to take - but the colours will remain the same (that'd be awful if they did them in Disastro blue).

lym-001.jpg

So we may see 450's on the branch a bit more often. Don't know what this will do for the turns - they are intensely boring as it is.

The Depot has been told to do VEP 'Gordon Petitt' up and make it look nice but no more information than that. So we don't know where it's heading. NRM perhaps?

And where did you get such gen from?

Established Member
In regards of the 4VEP, hopefully SWT have seen sense and will run excursions with it plus one of the 3CIGs (with the other 3CIG covering the branch).

There not allowed to take it on the mainline with passengers on! its bene sold to someone, its not the NRM!

richa2002

Established Member
There not allowed to take it on the mainline with passengers on! its bene sold to someone, its not the NRM!
I wonder why, seeing as it was running about perfectly safely a few years ago.

Kris

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stephen's dad can tell you - he's took me for the Basingstoke re-signalling brief a few weeks ago (just ask him who was selling the badges up the school).

1998 - the infamous Laker uniform with the hated French Kepi when we used to work REPs, Cromptons, 47s, 33s, HAPs, Cross Countrys etc etc.

(Oh - don't tell me 313 - I bought the uniform off ebay and I'm still 27 ..... I wish!)

me012.jpg

westcoaster

Established Member
Well,

We have seen a certain member buy a whole virgin uniform off ebay ;)

tom it is obvious he is a driver and i :dontknow: him so let it go.

on a better note if its getting a refurb it might indicate it's long term future ( i know it didnot with the 442's) and we might see it around for years to come.

Kris

Many apologies for biting. I know that there are a lot of .... nay loads of *ull*hitters on the railway - I've worked with most of them and they wind me up too.

Just happens that I've had a great working career which I wouldn't have swapped for anything.

P.S. I say working. As I've always said - being on the railway is better than working for a living ;)

Kris

They get away without OTMR because they only carry passengers on a dedicated 'One Train Working line' but they would need it if they ever tried to use it out on the main.

I heard yesterday that the Western hauled Mk1 stock down to Exeter. I thought that all coaches had to have loking mechanisms now for the main line?

theblackwatch

Established Member
I heard yesterday that the Western hauled Mk1 stock down to Exeter. I thought that all coaches had to have loking mechanisms now for the main line?

There are exemptions from Central Door Locking for a number of charter train operators, but the coaches concerned have manually operated secondary door locks (better known to most as a bolt!). There are more details on the HSE website at http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2005/e05063.htm.

Established Member
I hope somone hasn't bought 3417:angryfir: all 4 slammers must stay even if it means 1 going and just the lymingtons in service:-P still not happy about it:hmph:

T

Tom

4 slammers?!

3417 has been planned to be sold off for quite some time, SWT have no use for it.

Established Member
4 slammers?!

3417 has been planned to be sold off for quite some time, SWT have no use for it.

oooooooohhhhhhhhh im gunna miss 3417 oh well at least 3 left!:neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.