• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lyon stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmilton

I'm just curious. I'm in Vienne and have a ticket to Lyon Part Dieu. Unusually in my experience, Vienne is also served by trains to Lyon Perrache.

In the UK an ordinary ticket would be good to either station, e.g. (to use a broadly comparable example), 'Birmingham Stations': New Street, Moor Street, and Snow Hill. I was wondering what the situation was with SNCF.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gordon

I'm just curious. I'm in Vienne and have a ticket to Lyon Part Dieu. Unusually in my experience, Vienne is also served by trains to Lyon Perrache.

In the UK an ordinary ticket would be good to either station, e.g. (to use a broadly comparable example), 'Birmingham Stations': New Street, Moor Street, and Snow Hill. I was wondering what the situation was with SNCF.

Nothing particularly unusual IMHO. Perrache was Lyon's main station long before Part Dieu existed and commuter trains from Vienne tend to run the Perrache still, as it is the traditional 'central' station

newmilton

I understand that (though before Part Dieu was built presumably longer distance trains would have gone to Brotteaux). My question was about ticketing rather than services.

Last edited:

Veteran Member
I understand that (though before Part Dieu was built presumably longer distance trains would have gone to Brotteaux). My question was about ticketing rather than services.
Looking at the TER site, and choosing Lyon (Toutes Gares) I find that all Lyon stations (the third is Jean-Mace) have a standard price. As TER tickets aren't train-specific (even though they are issued for a specific train) I would be very surprised if you had trouble, but I would check at Vienne station.

AFAIK Brotteaux was only used by relief/motorail/overnight services in pre-TGV times. All principal services used Perrache.

Status
Not open for further replies.