• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lyon to Geneva weekday services

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteb

I'm travelling from Lyon to Geneva Airport on Thursday 31st October arriving by 1500hrs. My son's travelled this route a lot and reckons the two-hourly 0824, 1024, 1224 etc from Lyon are all booked for loco haulage but I could swear the 1024 is often a unit. Could anyone point me to the loco diagrams for that route or provide observations from Lyon PD?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

peteb

Update: travelled on 1238 Lyon PD to Geneva today and it was a unit. Apparently this is booked for a unit most days and then returns to Lyon. Almost everything else is loco hauled according to SNCF staff I spoke to. Unit was 4 carriages and rammed up to Bellegarde, whereas loco hauled 7-car rakes of ex corail are usually much more comfortable both in terms of space and luggage facilities etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.