• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

M6 bus deliveries 23/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyrippley

Established Member
Two interesting delivery moves this morning

First on the M6 near Wigan ~ 08:30
Three red-liveried LHD Alexander triaxle double deckers, presumably more of the Mexico City order

The other was on the Bay Gateway from Heysham to the M6, ~08:00, fresh off the ferry
Three Wright bodied Volvos, in all-over livery for "The University of Wolverhampton". No other operator branding visible.
The three looked quite smart: mainly chocolate brown, with multicoloured chevrons to the upper rear

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Volvodart

Established Member
The operator is the University of Wolverhampton, from photos online of them at Heysham Docks on Saturday.

DJames

The three looked quite smart: mainly chocolate brown, with multicoloured chevrons to the upper rear

Pretty sure they're dark blue, not brown, from the photos I've seen so far. I'll know for sure once I see them in service at the uni though.

randyrippley

Established Member
must admit they're so dark its hard to tell.....in the lighting conditions they looked dark brown, almost black.
Whatever it is, its a smart looking job. They'll be hard to miss

randyrippley

Established Member
just found this image on the web on the Wolves student union website

brown or blue? damned hard to tell!

double-decker-bus.png

DJames

brown or blue? damned hard to tell!

They're definitely blue, I've seen other pictures of them over on the wmbusphotos forum. Besides, the uni's main colour is a dark blue, so there's no reason why they'd use brown.

I do like the colours at the back of the bus, it matches the new ID Cards that we have nicely.

MCR247

Established Member
They're probably harder to miss than the current Tempos though, it's even harder to miss a bright pink or orange bus that's louder than the big bang.

Classic Tempos that :lol:

randyrippley

Established Member
New three-axle Alexander single deck bus heading south on delivery past Lancaster ~9:30 this morning.
Dark blue roof and upper half, mid-grey skirts. No branding visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.