• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Major disruption at Crawley today 23/2

TrainGeekUK

I just want to say a big thank you to all who were trying to help people get around the major disruption in the Three Bridges area following the person hit by a train at the Crawley level crossing today.

Despite the elongated journey back, it was good to hear of the widespread ticket acceptance and the attempt to get replacement buses on the go.

Line is potentially closed for the rest of the day unfortunately. Thoughts to all involved in the sad incident.

Description​

The emergency services are dealing with an incident between Three Bridges and Horsham. Whilst they carry out their work, all lines are closed. Trains will be cancelled, delayed or revised.

Trains cannot run between Three Bridges and Horsham until further notice. This incident is now likely to cause disruption until the end of the day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jan Mayen

I'm on a diverted train due to this incident. I believe it happened around 2pm. Do they usually take this long to resolve, or was there something unusual about this event that means it takes longer? And, no, I'm not complaining, just asking.

455refurb

I have read elsewhere that the circumstances are, unfortunately, suspicious.

A lot of cancellations from Horsham as you'd expect. Are Victoria services diverting via Dorking and Sutton?

sot

The professionalism of some staff had to be called into question at three bridges. An individual was laughing as making some announcements - I am unsure why. This was around 1hr after the incident.

Thoughts for all involved as always.

455refurb

No. Most are cancelled; some diverting via Hove.
That's surprising as one would think it would be an obvious diversionary route to maintain London services for the Arun Valley stations. They do run this way during Planned Work.

As always thoughts to those who've had to deal with this incident on the front line.

Somewhere

That's surprising as one would think it would be an obvious diversionary route to maintain London services for the Arun Valley stations. They do run this way during Planned Work.

As always thoughts to those who've had to deal with this incident on the front line.
Not many drivers sign that route and the Arun Valley. During pre-planned works its all planned in advance.
Quite a few drivers sign via Dorking, but don't sign via Gatwick, so wouldn't be booked to work the train in the first place.
Plus there's driver changes at Three Bridges, Gatwick and East Croydon which obviously cannot happen if the train goes via Dorking

Last edited:

Bikeman78

Established Member
Not many drivers sign that route and the Arun Valley. During pre-planned works its all planned in advance.
Quite a few drivers sign via Dorking, but don't sign via Gatwick, so wouldn't be booked to work the train in the first place.
Plus there's driver changes at Three Bridges, Gatwick and East Croydon which obviously cannot happen if the train goes via Dorking
Which drivers sign Horsham to Dorking? I assume Horsham Southern drivers do, along with the route via Gatwick, but who else?

Somewhere

Which drivers sign Horsham to Dorking? I assume Horsham Southern drivers do, along with the route via Gatwick, but who else?
Selhurst and Victoria. The drivers who work the Arun Valley: Three Bridges, Redhill, Barnham, Brighton don't sign Dorking. The only drivers who sign both are Horsham and Victoria