• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Major Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Due to communitcation and signal problems, the following 5 lines are fully/part suspended or majorly delayed:

Circle, District, Hammersmith & City, Jubilee, Metropolitan and Piccadilly.

Anyone with more information?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I would presume its a major cockup or power failure at Baker Street.

Coxster

Established Member
What does Baker Street do in regards to the Piccadilly line?

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Coxster said:
What does Baker Street do in regards to the Piccadilly line?
Presumably cocks up the entire sub-surface network, in turn cocking up the surface stretch of the Picc when running alongside the District.

T

Tom

Ok its definately an issue at Baker Street as Baker Street controls the following radio channels;

Circle: Notting Hill Gate - Aldgate
District: Notting Hill Gate - Edgware Rd
H&C: Whole line except Aldgate East Jn - Barking
Jubilee: Whole line
Met: Whole line
Picc: Rayners Lane Jn - Uxbridge.

T

Tom

Err, do you want to foot up the several billion needed to refurbish it?

The SSL lines are the oldest on the network and currently have equopment some 50 years old. Good thing Connect is coming soon!

If i was a billionaire yes! but alas, it really is something that needs considering, the network is falling apart.

T

Tom

May I remind you that the revenue from advertising is going to LUL, and not the PPP infracos.

Nick W

Established Member
I just got back from London. Entered Kings Cross, St Pancras Eastbound platform to hear that there was a limited Hammersmith & City, no circle and no met. It worried me.

Luckily a H&C train came along and I got to Liverpool Street with over 10 mins to spare for the 2100.

Met Driver

Established Member
Picc was running fine when I passed through Kings Cross this evening at around 2030.

Signalman

Just to let you know what happened...

An engineer working in the telephone exchange at Baker Street, powered down the UPS as well as the main power to it. The engineer thought that the equipment was for connect and shouldn't yet be live.

Instantly the Line Control offices lost power to all phones, far worse than losing the train radio. This effects the whole of the Bakerloo, the north side of the Circle, entire Metropolitan line, Hammersmith & City between Hammersmith and Liverpool St, the Picc between Rayners Ln and Uxbridge. The Jubilee was largely unaffected, however Neasden control was unable to contact the SCC which controls the old part of the line.

The desision was made (on my line at least) to detrain and run trains empty in the hope that as soon as telephones were restored services could be resumed quickly.

Hope this helps.

Driver74

It seems like the entire underground network needs a serious refurbishment.

II'm not sure where and what your claims of refurbishment were meant to cover and what?
As an ex signaller of 31 years experience I had my eyes opened recently when travelling from Waterloo to Euston on the Northern line in the rush hour and witnessed three Barnet trains immediately one after the other, something un heard of in my days. When you consider Barnet trains also come off the City line as well and with Barnet only having three platforms, Well!!!!

Is this covered by your reference to refurbishment?

Status
Not open for further replies.