• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Making Tracks 3 Chester Cathedral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pub

Taken from Chester cathedral Whats on page https://chestercathedral.com/event/making-tracks-3/2023-07-26/

Pete Waterman’s Making Tracks returns this summer!​

Don’t miss your last chance to join Pete Waterman OBE and his Railnuts team for the third and final instalment of Making Tracks at the Cathedral from 26 July to 2 September.

This year’s 64 foot long track is modelled after Milton Keynes railway station with some very special never seen before features and trains.

Like previous years, visitors will be able to drive the trains using dedicated control tablets.

‘I am really excited to bring this new even better layout to Chester again this year – after being set the challenge of building a station, I can honestly say it’s going to be something very special and we will be offering the chance to adults and children alike to drive the trains.’ – Pete Waterman.

Making Tracks 3 will run from 10am to 5pm Mondays through Saturdays.

Tickets £3 per person with free entry for children 5 and under.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Might need to book a day off work to visit it back in my old stomping grounds then. The videos I've seen look absolutely remarkable.

I believe Richard Watson from Hornby magazine is there too assisting with operations aswell

Purple Train

Established Member
Absolutely excellent layout and a joy to see. Mr Waterman and his team came across as totally professional and helpful. Excellent for combining my railway interest with my love of church architecture as well!

John Webb

Established Member
Will it be heading south at any point?
Yes - as briefly mentioned in post #2 above it is due to be shown at the Great Electric Train Show. This is at the Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes on October 14th and 15th 2023. As well as Making Tracks 3 it will be added to by parts of MT1 and 2 to end up at some 100ft long!

Intercity110

On Moderation
Yes - as briefly mentioned in post #2 above it is due to be shown at the Great Electric Train Show. This is at the Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes on October 14th and 15th 2023. As well as Making Tracks 3 it will be added to by parts of MT1 and 2 to end up at some 100ft long!
Definitely going to attend then!

Status
Not open for further replies.