• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester-Derby Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

M60lad

What are the permitted routes to travel from Manchester-Derby these days? The ones I know are:

Via Chester & Sheffield
Via Stoke-on-Trent

Is it possible to travel the other way via Tamworth even though its longer?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scotty

What are the permitted routes to travel from Manchester-Derby these days? The ones I know are:

Via Chester & Sheffield
Via Stoke-on-Trent

Is it possible to travel the other way via Tamworth even though its longer?

Do you mean Chesterfield? Or are you doing a bit of a zig-zag route?

When I've done Manchester to Loughborough before I went via Sheffield, Chesterfield and Derby.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Do you mean Chesterfield? Or are you doing a bit of a zig-zag route?

When I've done Manchester to Loughborough before I went via Sheffield, Chesterfield and Derby.
I think the OP may mean via Chester, or via Sheffield, or via Stoke-on-Trent. It isn't permitted to do Manchester-Chester-Sheffield-Derby on one ticket. It would be on a season ticket, though.

kieron

Established Member
Someone may not be in too much of a hurry to get to Sheffield. The ticket's not valid west of Crewe anyway. As far as I can tell, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.