• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester->Liverpool->Fazakerley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael96

Hello friends,

I need to come back from the Manchester Airport to Liverpool on 29.12.2015, my flight will land around 22:20.

I suppose there is a train to Liverpool at this time, but the problem is...how to get from Liverpool to Fazakerley? Is there any train (any other option apart of cab) from Liverpool to Fazakerley?

I am aware that the last train to Kirkby is at 23:55, but I do not believe there is a chance to catch this train.

So, the question is...in particular, how to plan my trip with these data... (I cannot change them unfortunately).

At general, how do you plan your trips? I feel uncomfortable asking the questions here, but please understand I am not a citizen and a new in the area...

thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hello friends,

I need to come back from the Manchester Airport to Liverpool on 29.12.2015, my flight will land around 22:20.

I suppose there is a train to Liverpool at this time, but the problem is...how to get from Liverpool to Fazakerley? Is there any train (any other option apart of cab) from Liverpool to Fazakerley?

I am aware that the last train to Kirkby is at 23:55, but I do not believe there is a chance to catch this train.

So, the question is...in particular, how to plan my trip with these data... (I cannot change them unfortunately).

At general, how do you plan your trips? I feel uncomfortable asking the questions here, but please understand I am not a citizen and a new in the area...

thanks

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately according to Real Time Trains, the last train to Liverpool Lime Street on that day leaves Manchester Airport station at 21:37. I can't find any Manchester to Kirkby trains at that time either. Instead what I would suggest is to stay at a hotel at the airport overnight and head back to Liverpool in the morning. Sorry I can't be of much more help.

Last edited:

Michael96

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately according to Real Time Trains, the last train to Liverpool Lime Street on that day leaves Manchester Airport station at 21:37. I can't find any Manchester to Kirkby trains at that time either. Instead what I would suggest is to stay at a hotel at the airport overnight and head back to Liverpool in the morning. Sorry I can't be of much more help.

:cry:
That is sad :( Can't believe it /
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Answer to my previous question: No.

From Kirkby I can just walk to Fazakerley, but how can I get to Kirkby from Liverpool at night... (or from Manchester %))

Bevan Price

Established Member
Unless your flight arrives early, you have no chance of getting a train to Liverpool before 04:34 the following morning.

If you arrive early, the 22:29 Manchester Airport to Blackpool has a connection at Manchester Piccadilly (22:43 / 23:07) for Liverpool Lime St. (arr. 23:56). Unfortunately, that is too late for last trains & buses to Fazakerley / Kirkby, and your only options are taxi or very long walk.

Michael96

Unless your flight arrives early, you have no chance of getting a train to Liverpool before 04:34 the following morning.

If you arrive early, the 22:29 Manchester Airport to Blackpool has a connection at Manchester Piccadilly (22:43 / 23:07) for Liverpool Lime St. (arr. 23:56). Unfortunately, that is too late for last trains & buses to Fazakerley / Kirkby, and your only options are taxi or very long walk.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I understand I should buy a better ticket %(

Status
Not open for further replies.