• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Piccadilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'mDKB Trains

Hi,
I'm planning on visiting Manchester tomorrow and wondered what the access was like at Piccadilly. This is to photograph infrastructure and trains.
Can one still purchase a "platform ticket" or would I have to buy a cheap return to get on?
Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IamTrainsYT

Hi,
I'm planning on visiting Manchester tomorrow and wondered what the access was like at Piccadilly. This is to photograph infrastructure and trains.
Can one still purchase a "platform ticket" or would I have to buy a cheap return to get on?
Many thanks.
You can ask them at the gates to let you on, they will however you might end up with the British Transport police behind you if you stand at the end of the platform. I speak from experience o_O

Kite159

Veteran Member
Best thing for Piccadilly is probably to sign into the Network Rail station offices who will give you a visitors badge.

xotGD

Established Member
Cheers, will give that a try too.
Eastbound freight normally goes through Plat 3 at Oxford Road, so stand at the end of Plat 4 for photographs.

Westbound through P2, so stand on P1 (or "going away" shot from P4)

xotGD

Established Member
Many thanks for the tips. Had a good visit to Piccadilly and a multi storey car park between there and Oxford Road. Only let down by the weather!
Rain in Manchester? Never!!!

Nice to hear that you had a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.